LiveWire recall announced by NHTSA | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

LiveWire recall announced by NHTSA

Puhlease.
Expensive electrics end up in the garages of collectors.
How many Livewires have you seen on the road ?

I think I've already said it was a flop, mainly because it is just plain too expensive. If I could buy an electric that would do 160km on one charge for $10,000 that's what I would be riding. But there's nothing like that between the Livewire and the Zero. It has nothing to do with how nice they are, or any NHTSA recall. The Livewire is a fantastic bike but I'm not stupid enough to spend $40,000 on any motorcycle. There are too many other options.

I think I've already said it was a flop, mainly because it is just plain too expensive. If I could buy an electric that would do 160km on one charge for $10,000 that's what I would be riding. But there's nothing like that between the Livewire and the Zero. It has nothing to do with how nice they are, or any NHTSA recall. The Livewire is a fantastic bike but I'm not stupid enough to spend $40,000 on any motorcycle. There are too many other options.
If you could go from one H-D shop to the next and easy exchange a depleted battery array for a charged one 24-7 that would help a lot.
We just need battery stations and standardized battery packs that are as easy to exchange as D cells in an old flashlight.

Sooooo..you can't afford one.

I see.

I'm not one of those jealous types who goes around attacking the brand or the owners because they bought one. I could pay cash for one today, but they don't interest me. I'd buy the new ADV first.

Yeah, but, whenever anyone else uses similar logic, your logic in return is “You can’t afford one”.

Weird double standard.

heres some more info on this

I love the spin. "A small group . . are under recall for unexpectedly shutting off." Haven't they only sold 1000 and the entire production run is under recall? Yes, it isn't many bikes, but if you wanted to write an unbiased report, shouldn't you say "All Livewires may unexpectedly shut off"?

Yeah, but, whenever anyone else uses similar logic, your logic in return is “You can’t afford one”.

Weird double standard.
Roadghost doesn't know anything about your, my or anyone else's personal financial circumstances in this forum, its just an easy cop out.
I guess if I had the Motor Company's logo tattooed on my backside I'd feel the same way. ;)

Roadghost doesn't know anything about your, my or anyone else's personal financial circumstances in this forum, its just an easy cop out.
I guess if I had the Motor Company's logo tattooed on my backside I'd feel the same way. ;)

Sure, sure. We've heard it all before. "Oh, I could buy one but...(insert list of phony excuses here)" I don't worship HD, but if you're a hater spreading lies about a perfectly good brand, you're going to get called out. You can go to any motorcycle brand on the NHTSA website and find recalls:

There's probably a recall for every bike sold. But if there's a Harley recall 20 articles are written about it - for the same reason haters have been praying they'll go bankrupt for decades. You can't afford one or, they won't build you a $10,000 sport bike (because you can't afford much more) or, they won't build you a 'budget' touring barge, plus your feelings are hurt when they don't wave at you or want you around on your cheap import. That leaves a lot of guys brooding, hand wringing, seething for revenge. So they vent their rage by posting HD recalls, the odd engine failure, railing about the 45 year old AMF oil leakers. It's a real complex. Quite amusing actually.

"Sure, sure. We've heard it all before. "Oh, I could buy one but...(insert list of phony excuses here)" I don't worship HD, but if you're a hater spreading lies about a perfectly good brand, you're going to get called out."

I repeat - I don't hate H-D.
I have an intense dislike for people that choose to stereotype others without any basis in fact.
Where have I lied ?

"Sure, sure. We've heard it all before. "Oh, I could buy one but...(insert list of phony excuses here)" I don't worship HD, but if you're a hater spreading lies about a perfectly good brand, you're going to get called out."

I repeat - I don't hate H-D.
I have an intense dislike for people that choose to stereotype others without any basis in fact.
Where have I lied ?

Uh huh. Nobody here owns a LiveWire, but you chose to post that there was a recall for what? A public service announcement? How many recalls for other brands have you posted?

Your whole thread is a stereotype. What are you talking about?

Uh huh. Nobody here owns a LiveWire, but you chose to post that there was a recall for what? A public service announcement? How many recalls for other brands have you posted?

Your whole thread is a stereotype. What are you talking about?
Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm certain you will), but you believe I don't like Harleys because I can't afford one ?
Ergo, I post nasty things about them. Have I got it right ?
As for being a stereotype, that knife can cut both ways.
Here's a suggestion, don't read anything I post - it will keep your blood pressure down.

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm certain you will), but you believe I don't like Harleys because I can't afford one ?
Ergo, I post nasty things about them. Have I got it right ?

I think the question is, why would someone go out of their way to post their hate for a brand whose only crime is being successful selling big, slow, expensive motorcycles?

As for being a stereotype, that knife can cut both ways.

Show me where any 'stereotypical' Harley owner on this site has gone out of his way to post hate for a Japanese brand? I think you'll find on balance that Canadian Harley owners are fans of all motorcycles.

Here's a suggestion, don't read anything I post - it will keep your blood pressure down.

LOL. Nothing a guy like you posts raises my blood pressure. Fall asleep is more like it. But I hope you won't hold it against me if I hold your feet to the fire sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom