Little warning today... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Little warning today...

nanobots

Sooo, on my way to get a photo for gtam gta photo tag. I was sitting in some traffic, giving some light rev's....like 4-5krpms on my 16krpm 250zzr. Cop which was standing around (construction or something) comes up to me and asks me whats the point of that. I said, my engines cold the bike will stall. "You can get a fine for that, you know " , I just gave an apology and went on my way.

Idk wtf is this....please dont tell me this guy is right ?

Honestly I do have a problem with my engine stalling, even if I warm-up in neutral for 5min. It takes good 5 mins DRIVING, the first stop sign I pass, is annoying ill usually stall or take it real slow.

Mine stalls unless I'm going 100 mph - think that excuse will work?

Were you revving it up and down or did you gently increase the throttle past the stall point?
My old bike only needed to be around 2 k to not stall.

Unnecessary noise

(4) A person having the control or charge of a motor vehicle shall not sound any bell, horn or other signalling device so as to make an unreasonable noise, and a driver of any motor vehicle shall not permit any unreasonable amount of smoke to escape from the motor vehicle, nor shall the driver at any time cause the motor vehicle to make any unnecessary noise, but this subsection does not apply to a motor vehicle of a municipal fire department while proceeding to a fire or answering a fire alarm call. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (4).

what he said.

on a separate note: don't you have a choke you can keep open until the engine is warm enough not to stall?

tell him you're a noob and can't figure out the friction point on the clutch. then stall it a couple of times. then rev again and be on your way.

5k on a 250??? do you have an aftermerket exhaust?

Idk wtf is this....please dont tell me this guy is right ?

Honestly I do have a problem with my engine stalling, even if I warm-up in neutral for 5min. It takes good 5 mins DRIVING, the first stop sign I pass, is annoying ill usually stall or take it real slow.

Unnecessary noise charge under HTA is easy enough. Improper muffler ticket also under HTA is possible as well if you're running a loud aftermarket pipe. You could also be chargeed under local noise bylaws.

Your bike "needing" to be revved like that isn't really a defence against any of them. If your bike can't stay running without revving it that high even when it is cold, then you have mechanical or tuning issues that need to be fixed. Arguably, the bike should be parked until fixed if that's the case.

Unnecessary noise

(4) A person having the control or charge of a motor vehicle shall not sound any bell, horn or other signalling device so as to make an unreasonable noise, and a driver of any motor vehicle shall not permit any unreasonable amount of smoke to escape from the motor vehicle, nor shall the driver at any time cause the motor vehicle to make any unnecessary noise, but this subsection does not apply to a motor vehicle of a municipal fire department while proceeding to a fire or answering a fire alarm call. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 75 (4).

Oh man. You just reminded me of the very first ticket I've ever received.
I had just got my G2 and bought my first truck (89 Blazer), still in high school. Went to a friend's house for lunch and the end of his driveway is gravel. Still new to driving in general I ended up spinning the tires in the gravel just a little bit, like seriously half a revolution of the rear wheel. I let go the gas as soon as I heard the gravel churn and then went even more gently on the throttle until I got back on pavement.
Cop was sitting in my friend's neighbor's driveway (not sure why).
He pulled me over and gave me that ticket.

What doesn't help is that my buddy had an 84 S10 with no cats and a straight pipe muffler.
The cop was probably sitting in his neighbor's driveway because of noise complaints and he ended up getting me instead haha.
I still have that ticket somewhere for keepsakes. :D

Unnecessary noise charge under HTA is easy enough. Improper muffler ticket also under HTA is possible as well if you're running a loud aftermarket pipe. You could also be chargeed under local noise bylaws.

Your bike "needing" to be revved like that isn't really a defence against any of them. If your bike can't stay running without revving it that high even when it is cold, then you have mechanical or tuning issues that need to be fixed. Arguably, the bike should be parked until fixed if that's the case.

Unless you are the police officer in question, how do you know how high he rev'ed the bike?!!!!??!!!???

:p
:laughing8:

I have a hard time believing that revving the bike/car/whatever in order to keep it running is "unnecessary noise".
If that was the case putting on my choke would be illegal cause it will rev my bike up to 4k and keep it there. Thats no different from someone revving it that high manually from a noise perspective.

Its pretty easy to understand what the law is attempting to target. Just don't be that guy.

Sounds like your carbs aren't properly jetted. 5 mins. running to warm up isn't right. Maybe install a jet kit or shim the needle jets to increase fuel feed. That may solve your problem with having to rev. the cold engine all the time. It's been an ongoing issue with the newer Kawi 250's and it'll likely get worse the cooler the weather gets.

The cop is trying to break your bad habits. You'll likely move on to another bike with modified exhaust, rev it up because it's cold and anoy the heck of everyone.

what he said.

on a separate note: don't you have a choke you can keep open until the engine is warm enough not to stall?

Or adjust the idle? But yes its excessive noise. I have straight pipes on one bike and loup pipes on the other. They dont bug you unless you are reving unnessesarily (unless they are having a bad day) thus creating unnessesary noise. And even if you are fighting to keep your bike running, they can argue with why don't you get that fixed? Because it can in theory be fixed its still unnessesary noise.

I have to agree with the cop on this one. There was no point in revving theEngine.

Agreed... a lot of bikers do this and yeah I do it when horsing around at lights with friends its still pointless and a waste of gas.
Seriously, a week of not horsing around I get 220km/tank
A week of horsing around and I am lucky to get 180.... big difference.

Meh, ok I guess im lucky cop was in a good mood. I guess no horsing around, or maybe dont drive during weekdays from 3-8. Heck, this M1 probation is almost up...no more getting caught in traffic nightmares. Im sick of it!

Thx for input all... and yeah I have dual yoshimura exhaust which make the 250 sound "OK".

16000 red line on a 250 ZZR....not, try 14000 on the early ones (Ninja) and 12500 on the rest. Get it tuned and adjusted properly.:lmao:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom