Lithium Battery | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lithium Battery

PaisaMed

I need to charge up my lithium battery. Does anybody know of a shop where I might be able to drop it off?
Also, can I jumpstart a lithium battery with cables to my car with the engine turned OFF? TIA

Just buy a charger:

Battery Tender Jr. Selectable Lead Acid/Lithium Charger -
41THnZ99akL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Yep....Amazon. May still be able to even get it tomorrow depending on where you live...if you order quickly this eve.

Canadian Tire should be able to do it as well.
They might charge you a small fee.

^^^^ Thank you for that suggestion. I didn't know that they offered that service. I'll try it tomorrow.
By the way, I was using a friend's Battery Tender today, very similar to that pictured in the above post and I selected the Lithium option and all that happened was the Amber light flashed indicating that the AC power was connected from the wall but that the the battery was not hooked up properly. I'm like hmmm, wtf, positive and negative cannot be that difficult to connect properly to the charger. Any suggestions?

And after that fail, I used the same charger to charge my conventional lead acid scooter battery and it worked perfectly.

Canadian Tire should be able to do it as well.
They might charge you a small fee.

I wouldn’t trust Canadian Tire to charge a cellphone.

They’lll almost certainly send you to the parts counter where you may (or may not) get someone who understands the difference between a standard FLA or SLA and a lithium battery and puts it on the right charger/mode accordingly. If they don’t, well, you might walk out with a nice cooked battery.

a tender usually will not turn on if the battery is completely dead
I know for sure mine wont, does as you described OP

Canadian Tire will run a battery check for you. It is FREE.
It will check things like voltage and cranking amps.

I had ordered a cheap battery (Kapsco Moto) for a bike I was selling. Went through 3, each one was fine on the trickle charger but bike would not start.
Took it to CT and voltage showed between 10-12V. But the cranking amps was way too low. Bad battery. Ended up getting a mid priced battery at a local place. AGM Battery.

I wouldn’t trust Canadian Tire to charge a cellphone.

They’lll almost certainly send you to the parts counter where you may (or may not) get someone who understands the difference between a standard FLA or SLA and a lithium battery and puts it on the right charger/mode accordingly. If they don’t, well, you might walk out with a nice cooked battery.

I agree with you on their inability to provide a quality auto service.
However, you can pretty much judge right off the bat if the person you are dealing with knows anything about batteries and auto repair.

My local CT checked the health of the battery at the parts counter as they are the ones that sell batteries. But for charging they wanted me to see the service guys.

not saying this will work,, but, i have had to shock a shoria lith battery into waking up. 60amp for like 10 seconds. after that 2amp charger would recognize the battery and charged like normal. and yes you can boost. done lots of times

Buy a meter! If your battery has shorted out internally you will see zero voltage.
and yes you can jump start a motorcycle from a car, done it too many times to count and I still have all my fingers ;)

Buy a meter! If your battery has shorted out internally you will see zero voltage.
and yes you can jump start a motorcycle from a car, done it too many times to count and I still have all my fingers ;)
With the car not running.

With the car not running.
Makes little odds, unless your car has a voltage regulation problem.
Just as likely to hurt the car security electronics stuff as the bike battery.

I too also have a Lithium battery. Same sort of problem when it has been sitting for a while.cn the cold.
Have you turned the bike on also headlights on. That warms up the battery and sometimes does the trick.
Just talk nicely to the battery. Like talking to flowers, Lol.
If it does not work, swear at it. they do not like being threatned. Might jump back into life. Lol, of course.

Update. 9th April 2020.

Went out to start the bike, I never like it to start up immediately as i prefer the engine to turn over a few times before.
Left the battery on the bike. Charge it up now and then.

However, Hit the button, did the "I might start for you" Fired up as if i was riding yesterday.
Had the battery for 5 years. Planned on getting another one. Just in case. Do not need to now. Was going to see Mike at Corsa Motocicletta.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F
If the battery was actually discharged below the recommended minimum voltage, sometimes they can be jolted back to life.

I too also have a Lithium battery. Same sort of problem when it has been sitting for a while.cn the cold.
Have you turned the bike on also headlights on. That warms up the battery and sometimes does the trick.
Just talk nicely to the battery. Like talking to flowers, Lol.
If it does not work, swear at it. they do not like being threatned. Might jump back into life. Lol, of course.
Heat it up, that is what you are doing by running the lights ;) Lithium-ion don't work for crap in sub zero like a lead acid battery does, manufacturers don't make a big deal about that fact because they are busy up-selling the features.

Big fail at Canadian tire and so I now have an appointment at Pro 6 for a courtesy charge.

If you connect the charger to your scooter battery, and run jumpers to the lithium battery it will start charging.

Back
Top Bottom