Leslie & Lakeshore - Property Manager will be on site tonight | GTAMotorcycle.com

Leslie & Lakeshore - Property Manager will be on site tonight

Nice of them not to try and ban bikes outright (yet)

Doesn't look like she's trying to ban bikes. She's simply trying to look after both her tenants. That's her job. It'd be a damn sight easier for her to ban large meets, organised or not, and be done with it. If she's trying to work with the attnedees then they should try to reciprocate.

One of the problems with urban areas is the limited access for just hanging out. Add the internet to that. What has happened is that the neighbourhood gang just got bigger as the property got smaller. Owners of private properties suddenly get dumped on to provide the turf.

If the store becomes unprofitable it gets shut down and people lose their jobs. Local residents lose a shopping outlet and have to drive further for basics. The parking lot gets fenced off and everyone loses.

Welcome to Megopolis.

FYI - in that dialogue between Debbie and Adrian, I am pretty sure she is not talking about vehicle insurance. She probably means insurance for the "event" itself.

Last edited:
FYI - in that dialogue between the Debbie and Adrian, I am pretty sure she is not talking about vehicle insurance. She probably means insurance for the "event" itself.

Thats what it sounds like to me as well.

when they show up all riders should rev their bikes to redline lol

You parked in the handicapped spots, didn't you!! lol!!! Hey, we can meet in the middle of Lakeshore after tonight when they give us the boot!! Awesome!!

to the BK LOT!

You parked in the handicapped spots, didn't you!! lol!!! Hey, we can meet in the middle of Lakeshore after tonight when they give us the boot!! Awesome!!

no, i parked inside timmies. YOU parked in handicap, didn't you? yeah that's right, guilty!

Doesn't look like she's trying to ban bikes. She's simply trying to look after both her tenants. That's her job. It'd be a damn sight easier for her to ban large meets, organised or not, and be done with it. If she's trying to work with the attnedees then they should try to reciprocate.

+1

There's already so much bad rep for bikers, especially with large meets. She could've easily been a dick about it but it looks like she's try to not only be civil, but reach out to the community and come to a compromise. She IS right....a LOT of people think PC closes at 9PM instead of 10PM because there is so little customer traffic due to all the bikes who at the end of the day, ARE in their lot and NOT buying.

I think she's talking about licenses, etc. because she's under the impression it's an organized event. Fair enough, it almost seems like it with the attendance it gets.

Let's try to move it out of the way...it's not like she's saying people can't use their parking lot...just not in the main area where customers would park.

The issue will be communicating this to everyone. Probably a large percentage of the attendees are on GTAM, but even if so, not every rider is going to be aware of what's going on.

As long as they're not overly aggressive about asking people to move it should be fine. But if cops start swarming the place or something, I foresee complications.

The issue will be communicating this to everyone. Probably a large percentage of the attendees are on GTAM, but even if so, not every rider is going to be aware of what's going on.

As long as they're not overly aggressive about asking people to move it should be fine. But if cops start swarming the place or something, I foresee complications.

Well if people don't work things out themselves the cops do the working it out for you, and the unfortunate fact is the bikers have little right to be there.

FYI - in that dialogue between Debbie and Adrian, I am pretty sure she is not talking about vehicle insurance. She probably means insurance for the "event" itself.

How does one differentiate between an organized meet and a casual gathering. The internet is largely to blame as it is easy to post "Let's meet @ XXX" on an open forum. Maybe a few will turn up and maybe a few hundred. In some cases the "Event" evolves like PD-13. PD does have a responsible committee. Does this one?

If it's a casual gathering why would an "Event" policy be required?

From the property owners view the problem could be in the lease terms. If Timmies/Wendys have no restrictions on their parking anyone buying a coffee is a customer and free to park anywhere they want. Bad news for the grocery store unless T/W agree to a limit.

If the grocery parking is separate from T/W they have numerous options including tag and tow, charging for parking (Free with purchase of groceries) etc.

Well if people don't work things out themselves the cops do the working it out for you, and the unfortunate fact is the bikers have little right to be there.

If the lot is one piece of property and there are no restrictions on usage by any one client (Timmies) any person buying a coffee has the right to be there. If the property owner's lease terms didn't foresee this situation it could get messy for the owner.

If the lot is one piece of poroperty and there are no restrictions on usage by any one client (Timmies) any person buying a coffee has the right to be there. If the property owner's lease terms didn't foresee this situation it could get messy for the owner.

Thats not true, you don't have right to be there the same way you don't have the right to be in a mall. They can still kick you out anytime.

Back
Top Bottom