LED headlight options | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

LED headlight options

I don't know if there's a concern with

really it's the same for LEDs? I thought that was only an issue with HID/Xenon stuff.

Interesting.
Halogen housings are designed to focus the light from a halogen filament. If an led/hid emits light from a different location than the halogen filament light will go in unintended directions.

I agree..a halogen bulb casts light 360 degrees into the reflector housing...if you look at LED bulbs they only cast on the sides...makes for poor forward lighting...all the ones i tried were more like a flood light...didn't cast in front of the bike...to costly to experiment any further do i went back to the halogen...now having said that..if your bike came with LED lighting ..well it was designed for it. But the retro stuff i found does not work well.

I bought some LED headlights off amazon that have been absolutely phenomenal. They illuminate the road and drivers see me everywhere I go without blinding them. Not a single driver had high beamed me complaining about the brightness. LED bulbs are highly recommended. Aim for 8000 lumens and up.
Good luck.
The amount of ppl on the roads these days don't understand what flashing hi beams can/do mean.

unless your bike is made for them or you've acutally tested/measured the beam pattern, can't just assume they're not blinding anyone.

The amount of ppl on the roads these days don't understand what flashing hi beams can/do mean.

unless your bike is made for them or you've acutally tested/measured the beam pattern, can't just assume they're not blinding anyone.
You are correct. Although I've been riding for 7 months with these lights and haven't had a single complaint or someone flashing me to complain.
I know I always flash other drivers when they have their highbeams on because it's definitely blinding me and other drivers.

I'm looking to silverstars or something for the R6. I bought a nice pair of H7 LEDs and they work brilliantly, absolutely love the brightness and color(or lack of, I should say). The problem is the headlight housing on my R6 is so small that there's no room for the external ballast, the heatsink/fan may not clear the back cover, and the retaining clip is a literal pain to get on with the heatsink in the way.

So I'm just going to look for a brighter and whiter halogen for that bike. I'd like to find something similar to a daymaker for the shadow though. I just can't get enough information on the exact one that will fit the stock housing. And I don't want to lay out a bunch of money and end up with something that doesn't fit.

The key to finding out if you’re blinding anyone...is to find a friend to ride behind for a bit at night (even if they’re in a cage) and just ask them.

I’ve ridden a lot at night with many friends since I installed my LED and they all say it’s not the least bit bothersome.

For Aux lights I bought these, really great value and not blinding to traffic, yet spread well. They are really small too, easy to mount and hide.

Here is the harness, install was a breeze. Not sure what bike you have, though this the CBX thread i used for reference, lots of people switched the non-led bikes lights to different bulbs too.
How much difference did they make? 700 lumens is not a lot especially if spread out. I could see those making decent cornering lights to fill in the dark spots outside of your main beam.

The key to finding out if you’re blinding anyone...is to find a friend to ride behind for a bit at night (even if they’re in a cage) and just ask them.
Absolutely, I will ask a friend to ride down the block from me and I'll ride towards him and see. (y)

How much difference did they make? 700 lumens is not a lot especially if spread out. I could see those making decent cornering lights to fill in the dark spots outside of your main beam.

They made a significant difference, they reach as far ahead as the main beams, plus a little more, and provide good cornering lights too as you mentioned, I have them mounted on the forks using some Denali L brackets so they turn with the wheel.

I have them mounted low, they are bright enough for riding in the middle of nowhere pitch black I find, esp for the size, price and quality.

I may just try getting Osram Unlimited bulbs to replaced the OEM ones. My bikes runs normal lights. The current bulbs light up yellowish.

Both headlights turn on with the bike, and when i use high beams, both lights get brighter.

This means I'd need two HID ballasts with really nowhere to mount them.

I ride a street triple, so don't have much hiding room.
I have these on my bike. They install the same as stock, no fuss. They definitely output a lot more light than stock bulbs, and the light is whiter, cleaner.
So far I have three seasons on them, still working, still very bright.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom