Learning curves (Markham M2 exit test) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Learning curves (Markham M2 exit test)

LGB

Hi everybody, just joined the forum... I was wondering if any of you had experience with the "Learning curves M2 exit test (Markham)"... I'm going to be taking mine soon and would like to know if any of you had any opinions/suggestions?

Thanks

I took it last year. Fun class, good teachers. Bring water and sunblock. Don't be afraid to ask questions...there was one point I was hung up on, so I asked for help, and they made sure I got it.

There was an assortment of bikes, all honda, obviously ... cb125s, xr150s, groms, and an xr80. At some point in the class, the more experienced members began to reserve bikes by hanging their helmet on them during the breaks...you might opt to do the same thing.

There was an assortment of bikes, all honda, obviously ... cb125s, xr150s, groms, and an xr80. At some point in the class, the more experienced members began to reserve bikes by hanging their helmet on them during the breaks...you might opt to do the same thing.

LGB was asking about the M2 exit for which you have to use your own bike ;)

Try the ministry if you have had many hrs of riding. However if you are not comfortable or need some polishing up, then rti would be a great choice

Thanks JIMSUM, I'm fairly new to riding so I was hoping to do a course, I heard good things about RTI but I already signed with learning curves. Was wondering if you know anybody that went through them?

Hang on, are you going in for the M1 exit to obtain your M2 or you're going for the M2 exit to obtain your M? I have known couple guys that went through with learning curves to obtain their M2 (M1 exit). Great experience overall. If you have your M2 and have a motorcycle, I would strongly suggest taking a stab at the ministry test first. The test is similar to the G2 exit with the addition of blocking/bike positioning minus parallel parking iirc.

I did M1 Exit, street smart and M2 Exit with LC. Loved em! Had a great time and the intructors are there for you. Don't be shy. If you are unsure of something - Ask them. Thats what you pay for. They are there to help you pass. Enjoy and have fun!

I took M1 exit in Beaches and M2 exit in Markham. Both good experiences. M2 Exit for Full M license was not as difficult as I imagined. A buddy and I passed with ease. We did see another rider doing a retest, so suggests to me they don't just rubber stamp.

I likely could have save a few $ and taken Ministry test, but they point out flaws and give real life, experienced based advise. I now shoulder check on left turns and look out for crack Mom's and their crack babies.... No offense to any crack Mom's(...Melissa) I do not regret the small fee at all.

Also, ministry could not process my test due to their new systems, Learning Curves double checked their side of data entry, took a picture, texted it to my cell and then followed up to make sure I was ok. Great company and good people.

That's good to hear, kinda nervous going into it because I hate being tested, but I've heard good things about their program

I finished my M2 exit at the same place few weeks ago. The bikes there are a bit banged up. The bike I was using was a cbr 125 and the gear on that thing was horrible! I was hoping to learn more there but class always ended an hour early and started 30 mins late... The final test was actually the easiest thing to pass. a guy in my class put his foot down 5 times on a curve and stalled the bike 3 times before he got going. but he still ended up passing... Made me a bit nervous on what people has their M2... But yeah, I love the course and it taught you the basics very well.

Thank you all for your opinions/experiences..... I ended up getting my full "M" (M2 EXIT)....this past weekend through learning curves (markham location) and I highly recommend it to anybody...... If possible ask for Willie, awesome instructor, he's really good at pointing out what you need to improve on/what he wants to see on the actual road test so that there are no surprises at all... Not to mention group riding with the other students was also a good time.....Highly recommended!!

... If possible ask for Willie

I also took the practical ride day with Willie, agreed he is awesome. In class was with another instructor, quality of instruction was consistent with both.

Congrats on the full M!

congratz on the full M! but just confused on how you can say you're fairly new to riding, and got the full M right away ?? :)

Thanks JIMSUM, I'm fairly new to riding so I was hoping to do a course, I heard good things about RTI but I already signed with learning curves. Was wondering if you know anybody that went through them?

Sorry, should have been a little more specific.... I obtained my M2 in October of 2010....never rode since then/never thought I would get the "M".....Decided to buy a bike this past July..practiced/rode like hell.... Managed to get full "M" this past saturday.

Back
Top Bottom