Leadership Principles | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Leadership Principles

The problem with self employment is that you never get down time, there is no quitting time, no weekends and no holiday pay unless you generate it yourself and figure out how to stay in business when you do take a holiday. Plus there will alway be some part of the job that you don't like doing. Self employment is almost an impossibility without hiring others to assist with at least some part of the business. Pension plan; well that is going to be whatever you make of it, traditionally your employer matches your pension contributions but when you work for yourself, that works out to 100% your own problem. Sick pay :sneaky: sure, you get paid if you work and don't get sick.

Agreed to your first statement but, it’s worth if you can focus on the fundamentals of your business and living your best life.

Being on 24/7/365 is necessary when you are the one accountable. If you have the right asset in the right place, you can live the life you want, 9 to 5 it and weekends off if you placed the right asset in place, pay them well, show appreciation to them for their value and not too insecure to feel they are running your business on their sweat and tears while you enjoy a wonderful lifestyle they envy.

You find that right hungry asset that understands the long game, the investments made to achieve what is already been accomplished and reward them well enough to ensure they don’t game of thorns you, and you can have a great business model.

I know a few business owners that do very well for themselves and have key assets in their inner circle and give them the ability to let that part of their business thrive without fear of internal theft or insubordination. That is multi level strategy being lived but, their capital, time and knowledge is unmatched in the space they chose to play.

I’ve fly fished where global leaders/executives have payed mega bucks to experience in a remote area fishing along the gander river. It’s not promoted or advertised. Two guides with 20 years plus of experience of the area, paid year round to take executives along the river and catch salmon fly fishing. Fry up their catch of the day and enjoy it with some expensive wine or spirits they brought along.

A Canadian CFO is still wondering how a smuck like me could be invited to this fishing trip when he hasn’t when the business owner has much more financial ties at stake to their relationship.

Apparently, I remembered his spouse’s favourite wine and ensure it was available at a previous engagement. Not because I was attempting to kiss either one’s ass. It was good wine at a decent price and I asked the caterer if they could stock a box for the engagement.

Nothing to do with business. I was just observant to something I though was of value and important. And it paid off.

Here are a few pics.......of the guides, the location and sorry nothing of the catch because I don’t do pics of my food. I should have as it was awesome but, oh well.

309c39cb8b92b4f3cb8751623f18a4c4.jpg

5931c47f89f2e16863b2d6d2ec53fd16.jpg

73b09f99da5bdb891ed79d1afd1c52d7.jpg

b205ce7d11c4725922d33b06ed7f7a94.jpg

40ce7435e68fb2639edb3c7a1103a1f5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Know whos living the great life there? the guides. There is really good money taking the 'swells' (as they call them, as in swell guys), out for a few days, tips envelopes are big, clients leave all the booze behind, its not that long a season.
Working mostly outdoors with people that are happy to be there. Thats a nice life

Imo it's 25% planning and 75% winging it lol

On the one shoulder, I can plan all I want and try my best to stay healthy but a accident or illness could wipe me out..

On the other shoulder, You will regret not having accomplished X Y Z after living a healthy life

What I am REALLY scared of is living life like a routine/program 0-o.

Back
Top Bottom