Lazy caliper pistons - cause for concern? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lazy caliper pistons - cause for concern?

TK4

I can't seem to find that info in the service manual or online parts explorer. I'll check user manual later.
Pull a brake pad and take it to a shop that has an EBC brakes master catalogue.
In there you'll find life size pics of the pads, along with a listing of what they fit.
Odds are you'll find its the same caliper as something else, just a different logo and you can buy internal parts (seals, pistons, etc.).

Jayell

Site Supporter
Pull a brake pad and take it to a shop that has an EBC brakes master catalogue.
In there you'll find life size pics of the pads, along with a listing of what they fit.
Odds are you'll find its the same caliper as something else, just a different logo and you can buy internal parts (seals, pistons, etc.).
Good idea, but it's even easier than that. Download an EBC catalogue (EBC ecatalogues for Motorcycle & Automotive Brakes), look up your bike, then find out what else that pad fits.

sburns

If your wheel bearings are worn out, what do you suppose that does to the alignment between the brake disc and the calliper ;)
change those bearings! then you can forget about them for a while.
So this wheel bearing tool isn't working at all. The collet isn't grabbing the bearing enough. I don't think they are seized in there, just a really tight fit. I believe I need to use a punch of some sort to tap them out.
Any ideas?

TK4

So this wheel bearing tool isn't working at all. The collet isn't grabbing the bearing enough. I don't think they are seized in there, just a really tight fit. I believe I need to use a punch of some sort to tap them out.
Any ideas?
You need the H-D special tool, without that its almost impossible. A normal bearing puller won't work.

Jayell

Site Supporter
Any ideas?
Mr. Burns, have you consulted YouTube?

Top Bottom