Kudos to Riders Choice! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kudos to Riders Choice!

fearlessbob

Took my Bird in for an Öhlins suspension upgrade last Tuesday night. "See you Thursday night" were the parting words.

Next day I get a call from John saying the lower rear suspension linkage has been tampered with, it's worn out, we need to replace it, it's in backorder at Honda until June. John says he can have one fabricated, which I accept. Sure enough, I get the call on Thursday "your bike is good to go".

Even with this unexpected twist in the plan, RC managed to still deliver the bike as promised on time on Thursday, with a significant flaw now corrected.

Kudos to John and the RC team for such reliable and timely service. I'll be sure to take my Bird there again for service! Thanks John!

great ppl over there. matt's taking me to the track on the 19th ;)

My cousin had his CBR in there a couple of weeks ago for an oil change. He ended up getting the oil changed, new pilot powers and a coolant flush. Anyway next day he goes for a ride, almost dumps the bike and then the oil light comes on. Turns out they had forgoten to tighten the drain bolt and now he no longer has oil in the bike. Happened on a Saturday evening after RC was closed so he had to get his bike towed back to his place. Called them on the Monday explained what had happened, they were very apologetic, they picked up his bike and promised to take care of everything.

By no means am I trying to rag on them, I'm just sharing an experience.

My cousin had his CBR in there a couple of weeks ago for an oil change. He ended up getting the oil changed, new pilot powers and a coolant flush. Anyway next day he goes for a ride, almost dumps the bike and then the oil light comes on. Turns out they had forgoten to tighten the drain bolt and now he no longer has oil in the bike. Happened on a Saturday evening after RC was closed so he had to get his bike towed back to his place. Called them on the Monday explained what had happened, they were very apologetic, they picked up his bike and promised to take care of everything.

I don't judge people or businesses by the mistakes they make. Everyone makes mistakes.

I judge them by how they fix those mistakes.

I don't judge people or businesses by the mistakes they make. Everyone makes mistakes.

I judge them by how they fix those mistakes.

Fair enough I wasn't judging them at all though. As I mentioned they said they would take care of everything and as far as I'm concerned that is a completely acceptable solution to the mistake that was made

Fair enough I wasn't judging them at all though. As I mentioned they said they would take care of everything and as far as I'm concerned that is a completely acceptable solution to the mistake that was made

I was not trying to argue with you, just stating my opinion of mistakes.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! I just caught this thread-within a thread.... last friday im coming home in my car on the QEW.... theres a GSXR pulled over ....stranded.... ya I stopped for him --- EXACT SAME THING -oil everywhere including all over the tire...the bike has 800KM on it and the plug didnt get tightened...the guy thought he was taking it to the Pros --- Ya I split when John pulled up in a car with a bike trailer to get this gta motorcycle members bike.... he was ****** -- not his fault... but 2 incidences..... time to have a staff meeting -- NOT COOL!!

CLASSIC!!!! John you rock!!!! btw, I called there today about a battery for an '06 R6, buddy on the phone was useless....1 phone call later, had myself a battery....great staff your rockin there Johnny!!

As long as he keeps feeding me Dainese, oil, and tire deals, I'll still be a regular customer. :)

Not sure what tire deals you are talking about I found RC to be expensive for tires!!

Tire prices are negotiable. Don't ask me how I know. It also helps if you are a regular customer and deal directly with John.

His advice on my gear choices was second to none. With a recent piece of gear I bought, I was skeptical of his opinion as I felt it fit too tight. But he assured me it was fitting well, and told me to take it home, try it for a longer period of time, and if I didn't agree with his thoughts, to bring it back. The man knows fine fitting gear. I thought I needed a larger size, but the size he recommended worked best.

They are still my number 1 shop for most of my stuff at the moment. And the equal to or better than US Dainese pricing means I don't have to have any hassles with shipping, cross border shopping, and I always have a place to easily return to if I have a problem.

As you can see, my comments strictly relate to the store front, and they alway seem to be busy when I go in there, so they must be doing *something* right. I use someone locally for service.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom