Ktm street legal supersport | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ktm street legal supersport

bigpoppa

Seems to be aimed directly at the Panigale V2 - both on the racetrack and the showroom.

Similar numbers, probably will be similar price too ~$20K.
Panigale V2 will kick that KTM’s ass…. A 990cc parallel twin won’t be able to compete with the v2.

Panigale V2 will kick that KTM’s ass…. A 990cc parallel twin won’t be able to compete with the v2.
That really depends on its weight and its overall design. Certainly not in a straight line, it won't.

Why? Panigale 959cc. KTM actual displacements vary from advertised but are still somewhere in the ballpark. Power output depends on displacement but also stuff like volumetric efficiency, combustion efficiency, RPM capability, which don't have cylinder configuration as an influencing factor.

After some digging, I take that back but not because of V versus inline. The Panigale engine has a 100mm bore (class limit in WorldSSP) and 60.8mm stroke. The KTM 947cc has 92.5mm bore and 70.xmm stroke. While the KTM engine's more square bore to stroke ratio should be better for day to day operation, it limits port and valve sizes and puts piston speed limits on RPM. So, yeah, I'll give the nod to Ducati based on this.

A lot will have to do with the head and the weight. Note that this bike would meet the revised sportbike superstock rules in many organisations.

Yeah, race a twin 990 vs. middleweight inline 3/4 bikes. It is what it is.

a71416f46c0e9ca5006683f48da3afc6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom