KTM RC390 not permitted to race lwt ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM RC390 not permitted to race lwt ?

boyoboy

I noted the rc390 is not on the list of bikes permitted to race in the csbk lwt class?
The rulebook doesn't say anything, let alone hp/weight limits. Are ktm rc390 riders out of luck?

well that would suck
wtf class would they put them in otherwise mid weight lol

Racing going forward is going to be all time trials anyway, so you can social distance :ROFLMAO:

Spot check of a couple of results sheets from last year suggests that there were none participating in the national series anyhow (I don't know if they were homologated last year - they were at some point in the past). There were two or three at SOAR.

They don't exactly have the greatest reputation for staying together under racing conditions ...

guess I should head to grand bend if I want to see some ktm rc390's racing. hopefully that will happen later this summer - post corona.
too bad about no ktm csbk lwt dicing

Last edited:
guess I should head to grand bend if I want to see some ktm rc390's racing. hopefully that will happen later this summer - post corona.
too bad about no ktm csbk lwt dicing

Start a crowdfund, get the necessary $ to pay the homologation fee. KTM doesn't care.

If there is sufficient interest, start a new race series and get KTM to sponsor it ;)

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
KTM already went through that. What was once the KTM RC Junior Cup (or something similarly named) one-make "spec" series has morphed into today's multi-brand WorldSSP300 or Lightweight Sport Bike or Lightweight Production/Superbike or some other similarly-named class, depending on which organisation you are in.

I am a KTM RC390 race bike owner. My KTM was raced in some of the CSBK Lightweight class in 2018 as a "demonstration". My bike was over the HP limit and under the weight limit so the points the rider got with his top ten finishes didn't count. The problem as Brian noted is that KTM showed ZERO interest in supporting road racing in Canada. They turned me down as well. They gave nothing, not a sticker/T-shirt/etc. They are only interested in dirt bikes.

I am a KTM RC390 race bike owner. My KTM was raced in some of the CSBK Lightweight class in 2018 as a "demonstration". My bike was over the HP limit and under the weight limit so the points the rider got with his top ten finishes didn't count. The problem as Brian noted is that KTM showed ZERO interest in supporting road racing in Canada. They turned me down as well. They gave nothing, not a sticker/T-shirt/etc. They are only interested in dirt bikes.
Actually, they are likely only interested in sponsoring events, sponsoring riders does little for their sales business. This is how it has been for decades, I have no problem getting sponsors for events if I care to make the effort.

Back
Top Bottom