KTM and MV agusta partner up | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM and MV agusta partner up

bigpoppa

Looks like you're about to see a lot more MV bikes in showrooms now...

Wonder what KTM gets out of it

They are very nice bikes but always lacked dealer support. If a dealer like Apex starts carrying MV’s that changes the game for me…..

They are very nice bikes but always lacked dealer support. If a dealer like Apex starts carrying MV’s that changes the game for me…..
not good for my wallet, thats for sure.

I wonder what ducati will have to say about that though, they are notoriously stringent from what I hear.

Still gotta get parts, but could be interesting. Wonder if KTM takes a cut, or whether they figure enough folks will come to gawk at the MV's but ultimately chicken out and buy a KTM instead that it'll justify it.

I like it. Could be win-win for both. I’ve always loved MV, and better dealer support maybe would own one.

Its a win win, KTM said yrs ago they didnt want to make bikes like the R series anymore, now they dont have to. MV has always been stunning in appearance , (and used to ber stunning performance) . Its stratecically smart, most Canadian purcahsers just couldnt get past almost zero dealer support network.

KTM gets a cut of MV's customers repair bills.

Best comment. Truth.

Last edited:
The article says "the deal, extending over several years"........... is pretty much meaningless IMO. If I was looking for a relatively exotic bike I'd want to know that dealer support for sales, service and parts was in place for an extended period of time, not a just a few years.

As far as I know KTM does not have any standalone dealers in Ontario, they are always parts of a range of manufacturers offered by a dealership. Can KTM mandate that dealers who sell KTM carry MV? I suspect not. GP Bikes is a major KTM dealer. I wonder if they have any plans to have MV on the floor?

Yes and you also have dealers like Mission Cycle, very knowledgeable with dirt bikes, but KTM road bikes they can mess stuff up. (trust me I know) I cant imagine them servicing MV.

Update on this story, according to this article KTM is becoming part owner of MV agusta

Good looking new ADV bike, nicely updated Brutale and Dragster lines, a gorgeous Superveloce and concept bike said to be production ready.

Like the Super Veloce, thumbs down for the Ampelio.
Eww. Marginal looks, electric and a rebadged Kymco. Aston Martin Cygnet vibes. As least AM had the decency to give it a name that let you know what to expect before seeing it.

aston-martin-cygnet-aston-martin-cygnet-1-3-1-150-second-owner-am-maintenance-blanc_8516901382.jpg

Back
Top Bottom