KTM 690 Enduro. | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM 690 Enduro.

frozen

I'm looking at buying one of these. The dashboard is glitchy and isnt showing an accurate odometer reading. Is this going to be a problem for safety? Any options for a fix?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

It will be a problem if it acts up during the inspection or if you tell them about it. Not to mention that it's an important part of your controls on the machine, but you already know that.

Check out ADVrider threads and see if it's common and if there's an easy fix.

Depending on the model year it might be corroded connections. I had a 690 and the kill switch had an issue with corrosion that stopped me beside a road for a little while before I discovered it. At least one of the former owners was a VERY enthusiastic power washer. An afternoon with dielectric grease (where appropriate) and all was well.

It will be a problem if it acts up during the inspection or if you tell them about it. Not to mention that it's an important part of your controls on the machine, but you already know that.

Check out ADVrider threads and see if it's common and if there's an easy fix.

Depending on the model year it might be corroded connections. I had a 690 and the kill switch had an issue with corrosion that stopped me beside a road for a little while before I discovered it. At least one of the former owners was a VERY enthusiastic power washer. An afternoon with dielectric grease (where appropriate) and all was well.
Thanks. I bought the bike. The issue is intermittent. It seems fine one the ignition is on for a min. Could be a bad connection but I suspect I will be replacing the dash sooner or later.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom