Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 241 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Bunch of friends going to CTMP (Mosport) big track on August 11.
Will be my first time there, and I've heard it's great fun. Going to try the Bridgestone RS10's this season until I get back to pace, as I sold the generator and warmers a year ago... ack!

Looking forward to it!

Need a go pro mounted to see a riders face and record it going into t4 wfo the first time.Aaaaaahhhh!!!

Or the first time your tire lifts on the back straight while going full-out in 6th gear. There may have been a little poo....

Looking forward to it!

Or the first time your tire lifts on the back straight while going full-out in 6th gear. There may have been a little poo....

*NO* need for video of the hind quarters of your suit.
Have no issues with the rear lifting and dancing around - haven't had a slipper clutch EVER.

Will be amazing to experience the track for the first time though.
Dropping off a suit for a zipper replacement sometime this week.

*NO* need for video of the hind quarters of your suit.
Have no issues with the rear lifting and dancing around - haven't had a slipper clutch EVER.

Will be amazing to experience the track for the first time though.
Dropping off a suit for a zipper replacement sometime this week.

I was talking about the front lifting after the rise about 2/3’s of the way up the back straight. I would have never guessed an R6 could lift the front in 6th gear....

Yeah... I hear ya..
Haven't ridden TMP in 3-4 years.... it simply put, blows. Layout it somewhat curious, but that's it.

GB, is cheap and somewhat decent (if Long or Technical). Alien or Modified are pretty much "no."

Calabogie is the ****. Freaking amazing (except Temptation - ack!).
And pricing increase at Shannonville makes that tough to swallow considering the track conditions.

Mosport is all about balls and gas from what I hear. Can't wait!
Temptation is a great corner! It just takes more than one weekend to figure it out. Which is a bit odd because there are several good lines. Have fun at CTMP.

Temptation is a great corner! It just takes more than one weekend to figure it out. Which is a bit odd because there are several good lines. Have fun at CTMP.
Thanks for the well wishing...
BUT, Temptation is awkward and hard for me to figure out. My history at 4a in Shannonville has messed up pretty much all of my left turns. Add the complexity of Temptation, and it's a solid "Nope Nope Nope."
Eesh.

I was talking about the front lifting after the rise about 2/3’s of the way up the back straight. I would have never guessed an R6 could lift the front in 6th gear....
If you run on the white line on the throttle side of the track, you can get the whole bike in the air. Almost like it was before it was ground down to stop cars from flipping. :)

Katatonic, Smergy and I dragged our collective @sses to Grand Bend yesterday and had an absolute riot.
Was my first day on track since August 2019, and on a new-to-me GSX-r750.
Took a while to get used to the completely different riding position, and still have a long ways to go before I'm completely comfortable.

Ended up riding in Yellow group with Katatonic, and that was definitely the correct group choice.

Ran the Bridgestone RS-10's, and have nothing but good things to say about them.

Anyone doing the OSR (Ontario Sport Riders - based out of London) track days this summer?
Booked the one in June and another in July... Considering the May one, but that will be a short notice sign up I think...

Depends on weather, been a tough spring so far

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I’ll keep an eye on the weather for the May track day. If it looks decent I just might go so I can give the bike a bit of a shakedown.

Depends on weather, been a tough spring so far

Hence it will be short notice on going….

Where do ya'll usually go to track days?

Grand Bend mostly, mosport and calabogie once in a while. SMP if they'd repave the thing

Where are you guys getting tires installed these days. I usually diy. But I'm feeling lazy.

Half of the time, during the season, my tires are changed at Calabogie. The rest are done at home.

I ride Calabogie mostly these days. Last year and this year it's the only track I've gone to.

I think most people here do their own, either with spoons, No-Mar or pneumatic machine.
Did you ever get that pneumatic machine you were thinking about?

Back
Top Bottom