Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 237 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

Great news! And yes, she’s a cannibal...lol

BigEvilDoer - Did you get the Deere fired up yet? Do you use regular diesel or the red farm stuff? I also heard DEF is on sale next week at Sharpe Farm Supplies.

For sure he uses the cheaper red stuff. Hopefully the cops don't show up and dip his tank. :p

That's only after the farm shows in Toronto, he'll be good.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Just picked up my rebuild shock from sherrard at shanny. Hope to make it out to GB tuesday. Sam needs stiches and Szoke has stiches his bike came over the wall landed in pit lane

First of all awesome (the shock not the other stuff) and 2nd, you can't just just drop a grenade and not tell us the whole story ;)

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Went to spectate at TMP today, was good fun and crazy to see their jet drag car.
Super impressed with this sub $400 center stand, got a bit of work to do before the 3rd! Top of the list is suspension rebuild up front, clean/check all bearings/seals/bushings, clean brake rotors and full flush. Also probably going to change the coolant since it's looking a little gross. Going to be a good learning experience with the suspension!

qHevWYA.jpg

You might want to clean your chain while you're at it. It's looking pretty kinked up. Maybe caked with lube?

SMP - May 21, 2019

For once traffic was super quiet on the 401 down to SMP. The paddock was packed when we arrived around 8am, although it turned out to mostly be CSBK leftovers which thinned out soon after. ~50 riders or so showed up, although it was open lapping by end of day.

This year SMP is opting for open passing instead of trying to police it, just do it safely. It seems to have worked and I think it is the right move from what we could see out there. Riders were respectful and got along from what we saw. The track had decent grip from the weekend, although you could definately tell the infield for long track less so. Strong winds made temperature a factor and it was hard to keep the tires warm enough for the first bit, despite 17C+ by 9am. The R1 was cold tearing the rear right out of the gate. James (new to him) 12 year old 750 had actuallly worn noteches in the front caliper pins where the pads sit deep enough to cause break pad sliding/feel issues. I would have just pulled out the dremel we had and smoothed it out, but he opted to retire. Killer-keith graced us with his presence but ran into intermittent fueling issues in the second session causing a 2nd retirement. One rider went down into 2 and the track was down about 40 min waiting for an offsite ambulance. Not a great start.

Fortunately, a 2 psi drop for the dunlops made all the difference and there were no futher crashes that day. The new battery in the R1 is better, although you still cross your fingers when you hit the start button. The track warmed a bit more and lap times came down a bit. They were still 4-5 seconds off pace. Skies were threatening, but never amounted to more than that. BIP and BigEvilDoer had some great battling for supremacy. History is always in the eyes of the author.

Traffic home sucked. Volume combined with rubbernecking (and no real incident) caused a 50+ km traffic jam for no reason right near Bellville

20190520_083924.jpg

CSBK:

8618df6f-0783-40b7-902b-9c170d080d23.jpg

It was certainly a fun day, and a great first track day of the year!
BigEvilDoer has his work cut out for him if he wants to stand a chance at Bogie next month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup...
Bippy's quicker than expected.
As a generalization, he's quicker in lefts, and I'm quicker in rights... works out pretty even all in all.
Bogie will be a great challenge indeed.

Yup...
Bippy's quicker than expected.
As a generalization, he's quicker in lefts, and I'm quicker in rights... works out pretty even all in all.
Bogie will be a great challenge indeed.

Ya, if averaged out for a whole lap we’re pretty even. It was a lot of fun for those few sessions that we were out together!
Highlight of the day by far was seeing Smergy’s wang....

Ya, if averaged out for a whole lap we’re pretty even. It was a lot of fun for those few sessions that we were out together!

Yup, it was. As I said, you're quicker than expected, and I'm slower than before. That day with 2 crashes at 4a really messed with my confidence in most lefts... sigh....

Just remember. Universally accepted as not gay according to Siri

Mosport on monday. Looks like pro6 has the $30 late fee is waived at the moment. BIP and Mr.James should be there as well. Anyone else going?

Mosport on monday. Looks like pro6 has the $30 late fee is waived at the moment. BIP and Mr.James should be there as well. Anyone else going?

The waived $30 surcharge was a pleasant surprise. When I checked a couple of days ago it was there so the price would have been $295. Glad I waited until today!
I’m booked and good to go!

laziness has its benefits. Btw how's that biptical (bip + elliptical) working out that you were so adamant about monday?

laziness has its benefits. Btw how's that biptical (bip + elliptical) working out that you were so adamant about monday?

Elliptical?.....ha!
I’ve been cutting grass, slugging bales of barley, 55lb bags of fish feed, 50lb bags of bacteria pellets and 150lb drums of peroxide all week. I don’t need no stinkin’ elliptical!

I’ve been cutting grass, slugging bales of barley, 55lb bags of fish feed, 50lb bags of bacteria pellets and 150lb drums of peroxide all week. I don’t need no stinkin’ elliptical!

Let me translate for the uninitiated:
Cutting Grass: Running off track
Slugging Bales of Barley: Drinking Beer
55lb Bags of Fish Feed: A switch in your regular diet I'm sure
50lb Bags of Bacteria Pellets: Thought you were going to your doctor to get that issue sorted out?
150lb Drums of Peroxide: Ah - the doctor's solution for your bacteria issue.
Makes sense now.

sooo.... bip is going hard on the frosted tips I guess? should we tell him the cool kids aren't doing that anymore?

Back
Top Bottom