Kingston Road and Woodbine | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kingston Road and Woodbine

bryand

A very dangerous intersection close to my home. A rider heading westbound on Kingston Road ran into an eastbound car turning left onto Woodbine. The rider's brother was at the scene and said the rider's ok, but the bike looks like a write off. A brand new Red Honda CB500 picked up yesterday. Both vehicles were trying to beat a yellow light. The bike tried to cut to the right lane past a left turning vehicle and ran into the eastbound car turning left. I take this intersection every day and it is blind especially when there is a van or SUV in the left turn Lane as there was here.

First day with a lot of bikes out. Everyone needs to be careful.

Last edited:
A very dangerous intersection close to my home. A rider heading westbound on Kingston Road ran into an eastbound car turning left onto Woodbine. The rider's brother was at the scene and said the rider's ok, but the bike looks like a write off. A brand new Red Honda CB500 picked up yesterday. Both vehicles were trying to beat a yellow light. The bike tried to cut to the right lane past a left turning vehicle and ran into the eastbound car turning left. I take this intersection every day and it is blind especially when there is a van or SUV in the left turn Lane as there was here.

First day with a lot of bikes out. Everyone needs to be careful.

Hope the ride is ok and makes a speedy recovery.
With that said its never a good idea to try and beat a yellow, doing it on a bike with the view blocked is suicidal.

The angles and sightlines are especially bad at this intersection and people unfamiliar with it can be caught by surprise. The rider is 27 years old and I'm not sure how long he's been riding b

GWS...sucks about the bike. Saw about 8 riders on my commute to/from work and had a feeling something would go down somewhere. Hope its not like last year again with a crash just about every week...

Glad the riders ok. Gotta be especially careful around now. A minivan blatantly ran a red as I was riding through an intersection today and nearly t-boned the car in front of me.

gws rider,too many bad intersections to mention in the city,people allways in a hurry means watch out riders.

Back
Top Bottom