Kingston/Frontenac Twisties - Thursday August 5th | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kingston/Frontenac Twisties - Thursday August 5th

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
Ride is tentatively full.
If anyone wants to join, on Aug 5th (rain date Aug 6th) I'm going for a long ride exploring the Frontenac area that is north of the Kingston.
Definitely not for newer riders due to the ~4 hours of highway and ~8 hours of quicker pace along very twisty back roads.
2 other riders max, since smaller groups are easier and safer to manage.

Time: Leaving my house at around 6-6:30am while the temps are nice and to beat the GTA morning traffic rush. Hope to be home by 7pm, after the evening traffic rush. Can meet anywhere between Mississauga and Kingston if needed.

Lunch: I'm bringing snacks, but will stop in Westport and/or Sharbot Lake for lunch (at points 8 & 13 below). Not doing a really long sit down lunch, but hope to eat by the water in one of those two areas.

Pace: Responsible in the straights, respectful in the smaller towns and fun the corners.

Route: Round trip from Mississauga will be around 900-1000km. Google Maps says 12hrs.
Morning: Mississauga to The Cottage Coffee House
Afternoon: Mississauga to The Cottage Coffee House

Post up or PM if interested.
Cheers!
1627325295308.png

Last edited:
Shane I may join you, starting in Kingston and finishing in Belleville.
I would do something like this below the day before and stay over in Kingston. Distance & time don’t add up in the REVER app I’m quick but not that quick
1627340805592.png

Then I would stay overnight in Belleville on the 5th. Home via the twisties on the 6th.
I‘ve done my share of slabbing to get somewhere.

can you send me the GPX file for your route.
Will confirm ASAP. Don’t worry about me if you get the riders you need.

Jay

Shane I may join you, starting in Kingston and finishing in Belleville.
I would do something like this below the day before and stay over in Kingston. Distance & time don’t add up in the REVER app I’m quick but not that quick
View attachment 50211

Then I would stay overnight in Belleville on the 5th. Home via the twisties on the 6th.
I‘ve done my share of slabbing to get somewhere.

can you send me the GPX file for your route.
Will confirm ASAP. Don’t worry about me if you get the riders you need.

Jay
Sounds good Jay - just PM me your email address and I’ll send you a GPX file.

Hmm ... Route looks interesting, but in my case, the timing doesn't work. I'm going to Mosport (err ... Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) for the VRRA race weekend, and next Thursday I need to be loading up the race bike and packing the van.

I may do something of this sort over this coming weekend, undecided which day (at this point, it could be any day). If I do that, I'll load a street bike into my van and park it somewhere at a jumping-off point in order to avoid three hours of drudgery at both ends of the day. Thinking about it ...

Hmm ... Route looks interesting, but in my case, the timing doesn't work. I'm going to Mosport (err ... Canadian Tire Motorsports Park) for the VRRA race weekend, and next Thursday I need to be loading up the race bike and packing the van.

I may do something of this sort over this coming weekend, undecided which day (at this point, it could be any day). If I do that, I'll load a street bike into my van and park it somewhere at a jumping-off point in order to avoid three hours of drudgery at both ends of the day. Thinking about it ...
Hey Brian,
If you go, then you might be able to use Kaladar as a point to park your van since there's a couple establishments around there that might work as a launching pad. There is no intentional gravel on this route, so if you do go, post up what the route was like!

FYI - it was mentioned that Arden Road is under construction so I removed it from the route and tweaked a few other bits. Looks like this now:

1627655804815.png

Last edited:
Thank you Shane for the time and effort you put into this great route. It was a pleasure to meet you and the young lad( I'm sorry, I dont know how to spell your name!)...and have a day of riding in beautiful sunny summer weather.

A couple of those beaches would have been a welcome respite to the afternoon heat!

Thank you again!!

Ride safe,everyone

Thank you Shane for the time and effort you put into this great route. It was a pleasure to meet you and the young lad( I'm sorry, I dont know how to spell your name!)...and have a day of riding in beautiful sunny summer weather.

A couple of those beaches would have been a welcome respite to the afternoon heat!

Thank you again!!

Ride safe,everyone
Great to finally meet you too and ride together on this awesome day. That was @jdmsteR who joined us today.

Next ride should be a swim n ride somewhere for sure.

All throughout the ride I was thinking about Jay’s passing and it was pretty cool to pull up to the Esso gas stop in Westport and on the big sign out front it read “Not all who wander are lost”.

Glad you got home safe and look forward to the next ride:)

Only took one pic today - somewhere near Westport:
i-NHDzBNr.jpg

Last edited:
Great to finally meet you too and ride together on this awesome day. That was @jdmsteR who joined us today.

Next ride should be a swim n ride somewhere for sure.

All throughout the ride I was thinking about Jay’s passing and it was pretty cool to pull up to the Esso gas stop in Westport and on the big sign out front it read “Not all who wander are lost”.

Glad you got home safe and look forward to the next ride:)

Only took one pic today - somewhere near Westport:
i-NHDzBNr.jpg

Westport road just before the 90 degree corner! Surprised there weren’t any swimmers in the spot you stopped at today, there usually are.

Great ride today Shane, and thanks again for leading! Wonderful roads, weather and people

Link up for the next ride! Already got the swimming trunks packed! I got a couple swimming holes in mind

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom