Kawasaki to unveil 6 new 2022 vehicles on October 5th | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki to unveil 6 new 2022 vehicles on October 5th

caje

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are. If it's anything like last year's announcement, the teaser photos have the actual bikes underneath the covers, not just placeholders.

There's a lot of speculation about a Versys X 400 on advrider which would be pretty cool. Last year there was speculation of a Tenere 700 competitor that turned out to be the updated KLR.

I would make a small bet the first bike beside the jet ski is a limited production KX450. Similar to the factory edition KTM’s and works edition Honda. So current KX450 with some cool aftermarket parts, monster logo and steep price tag. Probably called a KX450sr or similar.

Look like bikes 1, 2, 3 and 5 in the first row might be sporting laced wheels.

up now. apparently more to come in Nov 23rd:

Z650RS
KX450SR
Z900RS SE - same as Z900 SE upgrades
Z900 SE - z900 with radial front brakes and suspension
KLX230S abs? didnt they just release a klx300

canadian MRSP for z650rs is $9,999 hmmm. so going by that, plus about $1000 in PDI/fees/whatever + tax, we're maybe looking at around $12,400 out the door?

(edit: looks like the green version has a special pricing with MSRP of 10,149)

also can anyone recommend the best kawa dealer around the GTA? i want to set up a test ride etc.

whoops, I just clicked the link from OP. good catch

canadian MRSP for z650rs is $9,999 hmmm. so going by that, plus about $1000 in PDI/fees/whatever + tax, we're maybe looking at around $12,400 out the door?

(edit: looks like the green version has a special pricing with MSRP of 10,149)

also can anyone recommend the best kawa dealer around the GTA? i want to set up a test ride etc.
Hahahaha.

notstevelam October 5, 2021 At 1:33 pm
i have a royal enfield 650 but now i want that z650rs!!!

This is coming to Australia but think I'll stick with the CB300F for now and EV for later tho this would have been a pretty good replacement for the KLR650 -

This would work too - 400 version would be tempting - I do miss going off pavement

That KX450SR looks pretty good and a lot better than other similar factory special bikes.

That KX450SR looks pretty good and a lot better than other similar factory special bikes.
It's pretty badass. Just the kyb kit forks start at $4000 u.s. I believe. It's actually a decent deal with all the extras on the bike.

Off topic. I see in your sig you have a 300XC so obviously you like it, have you ridden a 350XC or SX-F set up for off-road? Kicking around the idea of switching to either a 300 or 350 next year.

It's pretty badass. Just the kyb kit forks start at $4000 u.s. I believe. It's actually a decent deal with all the extras on the bike.

Off topic. I see in your sig you have a 300XC so obviously you like it, have you ridden a 350XC or SX-F set up for off-road? Kicking around the idea of switching to either a 300 or 350 next year.
Yes and I also owned a 15 YZ450F that was trail converted. The 300XC is more fun/playful. I'm a bit faster on the 300 in the tight stuff and likely a bit slower in the more wide open stuff but the 300 is much less tiring to ride, and the biggest factor is that it's just so much more fun (playful is the word I'd use again). The 450 never left the garage while I had the 300 so I sold it. Friend had a new 350FX Husky last couple years he liked but enjoys his new 300 2T more.
If my bike got stolen, I'd buy another 300XC again.

Last edited:
Inside motorcycles did a review of the klx300sm. They reported that Kawasaki missed the mark because it didn't have abs. ABS on a sm.......mmmkay.

Thanks for the feedback @Hardwrkr13 I’ve been on a YZ125 for the past 3 years (before that a 17 YZ450) so you describing the 300 as playful puts it towards the top of my list for sure.

If I decide to buy one, like you I’m thinking a 18 or 19 so still carb. From reading online seems like the tpi bikes are hit and miss in how they run. I don’t mind fiddling with a carb or mixing gas anyways.

Thanks for the feedback @Hardwrkr13 I’ve been on a YZ125 for the past 3 years (before that a 17 YZ450) so you describing the 300 as playful puts it towards the top of my list for sure.

If I decide to buy one, like you I’m thinking a 18 or 19 so still carb. From reading online seems like the tpi bikes are hit and miss in how they run. I don’t mind fiddling with a carb or mixing gas anyways.
If you make it out my way before the snow flies you can take mine out to see how you like them.

Back
Top Bottom