Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class.

I just ordered a set of Armour Bodies fairings for my 300, Hope to have them in 1.5 weeks. Rest of the bike is mostly done.

Bluestreak Racing should have them in stock if anyone wants to stop by there to buy them. Support local vendors if possible.

I just ordered a set of Armour Bodies fairings for my 300, Hope to have them in 1.5 weeks. Rest of the bike is mostly done.

Steve, you going to the practice weekend coming up?

Yup, doing the school, we will see what happens. Kirby is also going for the practice, we may be travelling together. Did you see his new toyhauler?

I'm new to this sport and learning as I go, i'm not complaining about the cost. Its how long it takes get and no real help from Canadian suppliers, or the racing organization.

In feb, at the motorcycle show downtown, I asked at the CBSK people about this bodykit and where I could source it, I was told to contact Brooklyn Racing. Called them, as soon as I mentioned Kawi 300, they immediately hung up.

LMAO - hung up! I imagine the folks at brooklin are tired of hearing from piszed off racers..

and now kawi has apparently removed the mandatory bodywork requirement a month before race 1; one has to wonder if it will change again at the first race weekend.

laughing about it is all you can do. Feel for the folks trying to prep a national 300.

Last edited:
You know how all this could be fixed?

Just race in the RACE super series. lol

Maybe John can clarify, but when I used to race with the 125 Can-Am cup series....I dont remember a spec tire. It was CHEAP, and there were a LOT of us. I remember 55 riders 14-19 (and some Old fogies as well) on the grid, because all we had to do was buy a 125 honda, Yamaha, or Aprilla, I remember a guy having a gilleria too. There was really no difference apart from the rider. (Until Honda Canada fielded an RS125 for Chris Peris....dont even get me started on THAT)

If you want to get more people involves, take the manufactures out of the equation.

Open 400
51Hp limit. (CSBK has a dyno)

That way the RC390/R3 can only have limited upgrades, But say a CBR300r can be much more modified to compete with the bigger displacement bikes.

that would never happen. the only reason csbk has the 300 series is for kawasaki advertising, and as demonstrated, they don't give a hoot about the racers.
As for classes at RACE, if you wanted to be fair to the racers split 300 prod'n to 350 prod'n and 250 prod'n and run them in a combined race but scored separately. No extra race req'd. 400 four cylinders and 500 twins belong in their own class - which for now is lwt prod'n. 250 ninjas and cbr 250's are considerably cheaper than the 300 ninjas, R3's, and ktm's 390. 250 prod'n would and could be an inexpensive way to be a low budget racer while riding on equally competitive bikes. This is what the heart of prod'n racing is meant to be - cheap and unmodified equal racing.

as for an r3, ninja300, or cbr300 approaching 51 HP you must be joking or very rich. I'm guessing your bandit makes 51 HP? no vested interest?

prod'n racing has the potential to attract new budget minded racers if done right. with the imminent arrival of honda's cbr350rr the spread between 250 and 350 bikes in both cost and competitiveness will widen. i would hate to see truly low cost 250 prod'n racing fade away.

Last edited:
and now kawi has apparently removed the mandatory bodywork requirement a month before race 1; one has to wonder if it will change again at the first race weekend.

Must be all very confusing to new racers.

Last edited:
that would never happen. the only reason csbk has the 300 series is for kawasaki advertising, and as demonstrated, they don't give a hoot about the racers.
As for classes at RACE, if you wanted to be fair to the racers split 300 prod'n to 350 prod'n and 250 prod'n and run them in a combined race but scored separately. No extra race req'd. 400 four cylinders and 500 twins belong in their own class - which for now is lwt prod'n. 250 ninjas and cbr 250's are considerably cheaper than the 300 ninjas, R3's, and ktm's 390. 250 prod'n would and could be an inexpensive way to be a low budget racer while riding on equally competitive bikes. This is what the heart of prod'n racing is meant to be - cheap and unmodified equal racing.

as for an r3, ninja300, or cbr300 approaching 51 HP you must be joking or very rich. I'm guessing your bandit makes 51 HP? no vested interest?

prod'n racing has the potential to attract new budget minded racers if done right. with the imminent arrival of honda's cbr350rr the spread between 250 and 350 bikes in both cost and competitiveness will widen. i would hate to see truly low cost 250 prod'n racing fade away.

The RC390 KTM makes 40-45hp, another 5 hp isnt ludicris if you flash the ECU and pipe it. My R3 is Dyno'd at 40HP stock. And my Bandit has 58hp actually.

So yes getting a CBR300 or Ninja 300 to put out 50hp would require a bit of cash, it can be done.

I remember the days of 550 production and it was RZ350s, VF500s, FZR400s, GPz550s, GS500EFEs, etc... THAT was a fun class to watch. All the bikes had their advantages and disadvantages. So the class format could work for the little bikes of today...just call it 400 or 450 Production.

The RC390 KTM makes 40-45hp, another 5 hp isnt ludicris if you flash the ECU and pipe it. My R3 is Dyno'd at 40HP stock. And my Bandit has 58hp actually.

So yes getting a CBR300 or Ninja 300 to put out 50hp would require a bit of cash, it can be done.

I remember the days of 550 production and it was RZ350s, VF500s, FZR400s, GPz550s, GS500EFEs, etc... THAT was a fun class to watch. All the bikes had their advantages and disadvantages. So the class format could work for the little bikes of today...just call it 400 or 450 Production.

There once was a 400 production class with RACE, but that was along time ago unfortunately. Nsr 400s, rz350 and the like.

Yup, doing the school, we will see what happens. Kirby is also going for the practice, we may be travelling together. Did you see his new toyhauler?

You going both days or just the Saturday? I'll only be there on the Sunday. Are you talking about his enclosed trailer?

noticed a ninja 250 header for sale on the vrra site in parts for sale section:

Board index VRRA Racing Forum Trading Post - Parts & Accessories E-mail friend Print view
Kawasaki / Race Parts
Moderator: Michael Vinten

Post a reply

Search this topic…
Search
First unread post • 1 post • Page 1 of 1
Kawasaki / Race Parts
Unread postby Bikenut » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:27 am

EX 500 K&N Airfilter (new) $ 40

EX500 Windscreen (smoke, good condition) $ 40

Ninja 250 Muzzy front section (2 into 1) $ 75

GPZ 550 Airtech Front Fairing and Windscreen (new unpainted) $ 125

TZ 250 Tail Section (1990? new unpainted) $150

Mandatory tire purchase out. Good.

Clip ons allowed. Bad. Already bought my spares.

Tire warmers not allowed. Stupid on tires designed for tire warmers.

Shark fin mandatory. None of the built bikes sold included them.

Nothing major.

Any major changes at this late date?

Mandatory tire purchase out. Good.

Clip ons allowed. Bad. Already bought my spares.

Tire warmers not allowed. Stupid on tires designed for tire warmers.

Shark fin mandatory. None of the built bikes sold included them.

Nothing major.

I presume one of your boys is racing the 300 at CSBK, if he finishes in the top 3 this year what do you do for him next year?

I presume one of your boys is racing the 300 at CSBK, if he finishes in the top 3 this year what do you do for him next year?

He goes back to the SV like he was supposed to be doing this year.

Back
Top Bottom