Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kawasaki FINALLY confirms the 300 Spec class.

why would RACE eliminate 300 prod'n?
why wouldn't the 300's be able to bump up?
you were there last year, so you should know how it works

Results from last year at RACE. there is 300 prod'n; lwt prod'n; and lwt superbike.

RACE Motorcycle Racing Event: September 6, 2015

Class

Date Posted

300 Production Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
AM 600 Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
AM Superbike Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Lost ERA Ltwt Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Ltwt BOTT Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Ltwt Production Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Ltwt Superbike Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Masters Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Novice 600 Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
OBC Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Open Sprint Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Pro 600 Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Pro Superbike Sep 8, 2015 [Print]
Rookie Cup Sep 8, 2015 [Print]

Last edited:
why would race eliminate 300 prod'n?
why wouldn't the 300's be able to bump up?
you were there last year, so you should know how it works

Because Kawasaki im guessing wouldn't want to see the lap times from 300 production, being faster then their spec series...

Seeing older Ninja 250s and CBR250s out there possibly putting down faster lap times then the New spec series would be bad for Kawasaki.

Because Kawasaki im guessing wouldn't want to see the lap times from 300 production, being faster then their spec series...

Seeing older Ninja 250s and CBR250s out there possibly putting down faster lap times then the New spec series would be bad for Kawasaki.

kawasaki doesn't own or dictate the regional series at RACE. one would think you know this.

kawasaki doesn't own or dictate the regional series at RACE. one would think you know this.

When was the last time a National series was starting during a regional round? Pretty new to me...

Emperor Collin wouldn't want to look bad with his new series.

When was the last time a National series was starting during a regional round? Pretty new to me...

Emperor Collin wouldn't want to look bad with his new series.

Sorry, I reposted the news under RoadRacing.

Its a stand alone spec class at the nationals, like the CBR125s and 250s were.
What people do with them at the regionals is their own business.
I think by introducing at the first RACE event, it gives all interested parties a chance to 'test and tune' ?

Round 1 : May 27-29 CSBK
Shannonville Motorsport Park - Shannonville, Ontario

RACE superseries
May 13, 14 & 15, 2016
June 10, 11& 12, 2016
July 1, 2 & 3, 2016

Round 1 : May 27-29 CSBK
Shannonville Motorsport Park - Shannonville, Ontario

RACE superseries
May 13, 14 & 15, 2016
June 10, 11& 12, 2016
July 1, 2 & 3, 2016

Did you even read the article? The 300 series is starting may 13-15 with round #1 and #2 for that class taking place in the regional series...

The Kawi race will be run separately from the other RACE classes,we will still have a 300 prod class also, they will be allowed in it if they want. If the Kawis want to go in Ltwt Prod, that is fine. If the majority of the Ltwt riders would like a rule change then, you can contact them and see what they are thinking. Then give it to me so Larry and Dan & I can review it during the test weekend and make a decision, either way, so the riders know before the first event. Chris

The message I got from Chris this morning.

So if you have a Kawasaki 300...you can run Kawi Cup, 300 Production, and LWT Production

Did you even read the article? The 300 series is starting may 13-15 with round #1 and #2 for that class taking place in the regional series...

what article? i didn't even read it. I started to, but it was the same old blah blah. this info turned out to be more than a confirmation... csbk still has may 27-29 on their site under "schedule 2016" so I went to their site wondering after the mention of a combined weekend. new to me news.

edit- i was wrongly assuming the csbk kawasaki 300 series would be running the csbk schedule

First paragraph of article was as far as i got..

Canadian Kawasaki Motors will support a ten race, five weekend program in conjunction with the Mopar CSBK Canadian National motorcycle roadracing Championship in 2016. After a strong debut at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park during the National events last August, the spec series for lightly-modified 300cc twin cylinder Ninja street-based bikes will take part in all the events, as well as a preview, this season, as well as on the 2017 Mopar CSBK Series.

Last edited:
The Kawi race will be run separately from the other RACE classes,we will still have a 300 prod class also, they will be allowed in it if they want. If the Kawis want to go in Ltwt Prod, that is fine. If the majority of the Ltwt riders would like a rule change then, you can contact them and see what they are thinking. Then give it to me so Larry and Dan & I can review it during the test weekend and make a decision, either way, so the riders know before the first event. Chris

The message I got from Chris this morning.

So if you have a Kawasaki 300...you can run Kawi Cup, 300 Production, and LWT Production

happy to see you have been informed. lol me too. should be a good weekend(s) for 300 prod'n and lwt prod'n - hopefully a bunch of the kawasaki 300 csbk folks will jump in. interesting that the first two rounds of the kawasaki 300 series are running at the RACE regionals.

this is really late for the kawasaki 300 series to mention a change in schedule and venue. very strange with only a month to go. im wondering if kawasaki is doing this because few people have bought kawasaki's $7500+ prep'd bikes. kawasaki has mentioned a $1500 purse per round. I could see some cherry pickers coming out for this -looks like they have backed off on the req'd parts except.. RE: tires
i wonder if the purse is available at RACE?
Does anyone know of a racer(s) getting a free ride in kawi's 300 cup series? It might be worth it for a good racer to contact kawi just before the first round - I suspect they may be looking to put riders on their bikes just to fill the grid.

Last edited:
But the CSBK 300's have things that aren't allowed in 300 prod., like quick shifters and fork upgrades?

Will you need a different license to race in the Ninja Cup or will a regular RACE license be good enough?

But I guess mine wont be legal though cause I run a different exhaust and shock:(

You already knew that. The specs haven't changed much since they first started advertising it.

Are you planning on running in the national series or just the regionals (RACE/SOAR)?

But I guess mine wont be legal though cause I run a different exhaust and shock:(

This may be bad advice, but I would try to enter csbk 300 kawi anyway. At least at the shanny rounds. Stick a hindle badge/sticker on the exhaust or your fairing. Try not to have a OHLINS sticker on your bike or cover it with an elka sticker. The worst that could happen is they refuse you. If you aren't a threat for the podium no one will likely protest.

edit:
Simply approaching the kawi 300 rep and asking if they would allow kawi 300's (without mandated parts) at the regional rounds may get a shrug followed by "as long as no one protests you." worth a shot for the extra race. I could see things being pretty casual at the regional rounds. or i could be completely wrong..

Last edited:
I think Kawasaki will need to take note, when there are more Regional LWT racers then Ninja Cup racer...

Had they released all the info in December....then things would be different.

But the CSBK 300's have things that aren't allowed in 300 prod., like quick shifters and fork upgrades?

Will you need a different license to race in the Ninja Cup or will a regular RACE license be good enough?

yup, the 300's with modded fork internals / QS are technically not permitted in prod'n 300. they would have to enter lwt prod'n. but if no one protests them..although having them run in lwt prod'n would be more suitable?

don't know if you have to buy a csbk seprate licence, but a RACE licence will certainly qualify you. perhaps lwt racer could contact RACE direction on your behalf about these issues. They have been in contact with him about these kind of concerns/questions? suggesting having the right stickers/decals on your bikes may appease csbk for the regional rounds.

Last edited:
yup, the 300's with modded fork internals / QS are technically not permitted in prod'n 300. they would have to enter lwt prod'n. but if no one protests them..

don't know if you have to buy a csbk seprate licence, but a RACE licence will certainly qualify you. perhaps lwt racer could contact RACE direction on your behalf about these issues. They have been in contact with him about these kind of concerns/questions? suggesting having the right stickers/decals on your bikes may appease csbk for the regional rounds.

Grab your torch and pitchfork and tin foil hat!

Nobody will protest your Ninja in 300 production. Unless you end up going out and winning by a 5+ second margin...which I doubt.

Either way LWT Production should be fuun this year!

Back
Top Bottom