Just went down, now what? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just went down, now what?

Ya it seems alot easier to get a whole new fork, and most online calipers look like they inclyde the holder, just gotta figure out which ones will fit. Triple tree stand anyone?

Call up Cory at 402bike.com

He will probably have everythi9ng you need.

The guys that know me can vouch for me. When a bike is down, we can get it up again somehow. Let me know. I'll gladly lend a hand.

Ive never laid my bike down yet (knock on wood) but I will be willing to lend a hand if you need any help. I love getting my hands dirty.

see everyone is willing to help you out bud. I live in Sauga. dont mind helping you out either. Get to learn new stuff about bikes on "how to fix problems". cheer up dude!. season just started. If you do this yourself with the help of other people in the forum you'll come out mechanically inclined. anyways keep us posted.

There are some really nice people on the forum :)

If I knew this forum had so many good guys I would've called for help. I am waiting for a replacement rim right now, and I am FINALLY ready for the road. You guys don't even know the turmoil I went through. I am so sorry to the OP. I have a Ninja 250 too. I know exactly what you are going thru bud.

Well cola got me back running today, what a great guy. Now all i gotta do is repair my fairing so i can mount my signals and tyen ill be back to normal. Anyone got advice on plastc welding or fairing repairs?

well, if the person took off, that's failure to remain, why he took off, well, maybe he didn't have insurance, or had outstanding notices on his license...i would recommend looking into that, you have his license plate...if anything is out of order in his paperwork, he could be at fault and your bike would be covered...

Incorrect. Even IF he has something out of place... the fact remins that the OP hit him. It may have been green, but he's on the "proceed when safe to do so" defense. He's only liable for the failure to remain.

Well after a jaunt to Guelph for parts from a parts bike, we tackled the rebuild of the bike. All he needs now is bodywork. everything went back together fairly easily. He took a blast around the block.
The mechanic obviously blew the bill up. We had the mechanical portion done in about 2 hours. No idea of the mechanic's knowledge of bikes. Lower triple wasn't bent at all.
I noticed that from the first inspection of the bike. The impact did the ever common twist of upper clamp, in the opposite direction of the lower. After dropping in the placement fork, loosened the other one and pulled on both. Pop. Straightened it all out.

Ride safe young man.
Peace
Rog

PS. I hope the parts seller gets his own other bike up and running. Carb problem. Good luck.

Last edited:
Well cola got me back running today, what a great guy. Now all i gotta do is repair my fairing so i can mount my signals and tyen ill be back to normal. Anyone got advice on plastc welding or fairing repairs?

It amazes me at how cheap Brad Johnson is, but he is located in the small village of Fordwich (quite a long drive from T.O). He not only repaired a hole in the bumper of my Dad's car, but he also pulled the bumper off and reinstalled it after it was painted. All for only $100! He also repaired a badly damaged fairing from my old Ninja 250 a long time ago for under $100. He does great work, and you can't beat the prices.

Brad Johnson of Johnson Plastic Weld
Fordwich, Ontario
Canada, N0G 1V0

519-335-3000

Back
Top Bottom