Just saved $600 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just saved $600

rmemedic

I feel like one of those commercials... But I managed to save $600.
Had the truck and trailer with Co-Operators, bike with State farm.
Was spending 1370 on truck and trailer, 1330 on the bike. Started to call around, seeing where I could them all under one policy. State farm was out, as their auto rates suck.

So, ended up getting a hold of TD.
Truck and trailer are now 1360, but the bike is 770. State farm said they could beat that rate on the bike, but their auto quotes are a joke.

Stats: 29, G(approx 11 years) M2(4 years) no tickets, no accidents or any other negatives, up in the Renfrew county region (helps out big time).

Good job!

always pays to shop around.

What kind of a bike do you ride?

I'm also with TD and I found their bike rates one of the best around. My insurance actually dropped $50 this year. First time ever.

I did something similar!

Took my car over to RBC as my dad has his car and house there so I'm saving $500/year with multi-vehicle discount.

Taking my bike to TD! They quoted me $1100/year compared to Jevco/Intact renewal of $1275/year.

I just signed with td, saved $300 a year

They suck at SS type bikes

Pre-30.

Do some mock quotes when you're 30 and have held your M2 for a while. The rates are competitive with StateFarm.

Everyone I know says to give TD a call. So I do.
And they apparently just don't like me.

35 full M no tickets or accidents.

They gave me ridiculously high quotes for both my M696 and SF1098. Like double/triple what I pay JEVCO.

I just don't get it.

Everyone I know says to give TD a call. So I do.
And they apparently just don't like me.

35 full M no tickets or accidents.

They gave me ridiculously high quotes for both my M696 and SF1098. Like double/triple what I pay JEVCO.

I just don't get it.

Too exotic maybe?

I feel like one of those commercials... But I managed to save $600.
Had the truck and trailer with Co-Operators, bike with State farm.
Was spending 1370 on truck and trailer, 1330 on the bike. Started to call around, seeing where I could them all under one policy. State farm was out, as their auto rates suck.

So, ended up getting a hold of TD.
Truck and trailer are now 1360, but the bike is 770. State farm said they could beat that rate on the bike, but their auto quotes are a joke.

Stats: 29, G(approx 11 years) M2(4 years) no tickets, no accidents or any other negatives, up in the Renfrew county region (helps out big time).

Is your present occupation a significant factor in the rate you got? Also, get your M already man!

Too exotic maybe?

I've actually been thinking of phoning them and getting a quote on a Ninja or GSXR just to see if it is Ducs.

But you gotta wonder about stats. How many ducs get wrecked or are stolen compared to any Japanese bike.
Ducs are generally owned by an older and, dare i say, more "responsible" crowd.

The industry is truly f*cked. I remember getting into a dust up with Jevco over the difference between the ZZR600 and the ZX600 exactly the same bike with a name change and several hundred more to insure

+1 for TD, was expecting to pay over 2500 for my first year of riding on a used 250 and my rate was like 1300 at 21 years of age... Tough to beat that in Brampton.

+1 for TD, was expecting to pay over 2500 for my first year of riding on a used 250 and my rate was like 1300 at 21 years of age... Tough to beat that in Brampton.

What? No way! I'm a year older, and my bike is a 400, but TD was giving me quotes around $4200/year. Granted, I only had my M1 and no course yet, but even quoting with those it was still around 4k. Did you hold onto your M2/M for a couple years before riding?

Just quoted TD as well. Over $3000 a year as a 25 year old riding a 250r having just acquired my M2. Statefarm was $800 for the year. I guess this is because TD doesn't take driving experience into consideration as Statefarm does.

28. M2. EX500
SF: ~1300/year (basic)
TD: ~1500/year (basic) but because I miss the month of march they'd basically cover me now until next march 1 (11 months) for ~1300.

What? No way! I'm a year older, and my bike is a 400, but TD was giving me quotes around $4200/year. Granted, I only had my M1 and no course yet, but even quoting with those it was still around 4k. Did you hold onto your M2/M for a couple years before riding?

Ahh, yeah I should have mentioned that. Sat on the M2 for a little over a year thanks to the suggestions here and it seems the hard wait paid off. Lots of places give you up to 40-50% discount with just a year of "experience". I also have some kind of university affiliation (UofT) discount with TD as well, but I don't think that is particularly major. Jevco quoted me at like 2200, and Statefarm wanted me to have my regular license for at least 6 years or so to consider me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom