Just picked up a Dyna Low Rider S | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just picked up a Dyna Low Rider S

SpeedRacer

Was at the bikeshow helping out Cutekill when a contact with Harley Canada grabbed me and said he found "my bike".... After hearing that it had every feature I told him I wanted a few months early I pretty much had to have it :) (.99% financing helped! but ultimately i wanted ABS, dual front brakes, better suspension and more power.... pretty much everything Harley isn't!). I'm pretty sure I'm the first person in Canada to get one; Got it home last weekend and now have about 120km on it. Not sure if you guys have heard anything about it but I absolutely LOVE IT!

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/ride-review-the-2016-harley-davidson-low-rider-s-is-th-1763432064

Enjoy it's a really nice ride .

Congrats on such a sweet ride dude.. post a pic of it.. or throw a video up of the exhaust sound. :thumbright:

Congrats.

From your link:
“Doesn’t that air cleaner turn into a problem when it rains?” - Harley makes a sock that fits over it that lets it do its job without taking in water.

WTH? Does the sock live on the air filter, or do you just install it when it's raining? Seems ridiculous. Let us know how this looks/works.

Congrats.

From your link:
“Doesn’t that air cleaner turn into a problem when it rains?” - Harley makes a sock that fits over it that lets it do its job without taking in water.

WTH? Does the sock live on the air filter, or do you just install it when it's raining? Seems ridiculous. Let us know how this looks/works.

You can leave it on if you want but, most just run without and don't have a problem running in the rain.

HD and K&N can't fully endorse running an open filter in the rain so, they mention the sock as a precaution.

I bet a lot that have them don't know where to find it when it rains. Lol.

Was at the bikeshow helping out Cutekill when a contact with Harley Canada grabbed me and said he found "my bike".... After hearing that it had every feature I told him I wanted a few months early I pretty much had to have it :) (.99% financing helped! but ultimately i wanted ABS, dual front brakes, better suspension and more power.... pretty much everything Harley isn't!). I'm pretty sure I'm the first person in Canada to get one; Got it home last weekend and now have about 120km on it. Not sure if you guys have heard anything about it but I absolutely LOVE IT!

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/ride-review-the-2016-harley-davidson-low-rider-s-is-th-1763432064

This would be my natural progression from my Roadster. Nice bike. I'm a fan.

Nice bike. Congrats and enjoy.

You can leave it on if you want but, most just run without and don't have a problem running in the rain.

HD and K&N can't fully endorse running an open filter in the rain so, they mention the sock as a precaution.

the reality is they are used for cold air intakes during winter... I've been told it's the direct water that's the issue (so washing the bike)

Twin Cam 110 vs Harley Street 750 Drag race:
~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQUtMC7D8o

Against a V-Rod I suspect you'll get destroyed.

But nice bike anyway.

Last edited:
Your FXDS(?) is probably 125lbs lighter than the Street Glide in that last video... At 600+ lbs though, it's still a 'heavyweight' IMHO. I'm not sure of your experience level - you're probably going to have to use the rear brake a lot more on slow speed stuff. Check the ride-like-a-pro videos on youtube. On curves, if you do your braking early, you can throttle-on in the curve to lift the front end and get more ground clearance.

The motor will get hot enough to roast your inner thighs... Also, there's a catalyst mesh in the mufflers, so those will get even hotter - but looks like the mufflers are behind where your ankle will be when stopped. So you'll need decent boots and heavy leather pants - more so in summer stop'n'go traffic. You can re-tune yourself easily enough with a dynojet PCV which may let it run cooler, but you also may wish to add an oil cooler.

All you need now is a beanie helmet and SOA t-shirt. LoL

Your FXDS(?) At 600+ lbs though, it's still a 'heavyweight' On curves, if you do your braking early, you can throttle-on in the curve to lift the front end and get more ground clearance.

The motor will get hot enough to roast your inner thighs... Also, there's a catalyst mesh in the mufflers, so those will get even hotter - but looks like the mufflers are behind where your ankle will be when stopped. So you'll need decent boots and heavy leather pants - more so in summer stop'n'go traffic. You can re-tune yourself easily enough with a dynojet PCV which may let it run cooler, but you also may wish to add an oil cooler.

You make it sound like such a treat, a bike that handles like a '73 coup d'ville with an engine that would pull a two furrow plow. And I get to dress like a pirate on holiday!

Your FXDS(?)........

Hey FLSTC I get the beano helmet but why would you, of all people, suggest FXDS want to Stamp Out Acronyms?

the open style air filters are fine. i have a couple buddies who run them on their harleys and ive ridden in the rain with them.
no socks or covers on them at all.

really, you would have to soak them all around to get them to stop having air flow.

Twin Cam 110 vs Harley Street 750 Drag race:
~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inQUtMC7D8o

Against a V-Rod I suspect you'll get destroyed.

But nice bike anyway.

Not quite apples to apples, The street glide ran a 14 I think? That weight is a big penalty... The stock low rider with the 103 engine runs low 12's and a v-rod is low 11's. I think a good rider can get my bike into the mid 11's (not at all suggesting I myself could!). Isn't Internet racing fun!!

I know some of the ride like a pro techniques... I took the sharp rider advanced rider course (Cutekills school) last year and the techniques def help get through corners without dragging stuff. I noticed a big difference riding my last dyna

Yeah, gotta do something about the exhaust to get the heat down... Prob exhaust and tune. it comes with an oil cooler stock.

You need to break the bike in for a couple thousand keys, then take it stock to a tt at TMP to establish a solid baseline. After you figure out just what the bike will do I would look at exhaust and a tune. I would find the results interesting. You can make it as fast as you want if you $pend enough. Speed and power don't interest me though. I like a nice warm Sunday afternoon meandering through the countryside.

Not quite apples to apples, The street glide ran a 14 I think? That weight is a big penalty... The stock low rider with the 103 engine runs low 12's and a v-rod is low 11's. I think a good rider can get my bike into the mid 11's (not at all suggesting I myself could!). Isn't Internet racing fun!!

I know some of the ride like a pro techniques... I took the sharp rider advanced rider course (Cutekills school) last year and the techniques def help get through corners without dragging stuff. I noticed a big difference riding my last dyna

Yeah, gotta do something about the exhaust to get the heat down... Prob exhaust and tune. it comes with an oil cooler stock.

A exhaust will make a big difference .From what I have read Screamin Eagle tuner is the way to go . Your not going to get much in extra power . But the bike bike will rev quicker and probably run cooler . Do your research on the exhaust . There are probably 50-60 exhaust options .

There's quite a few tuning choices out there. I have the Powervision on my Night Rod. I wasn't after peak HP, I wanted driveability since all Harley's come really lean from the factory. I fattened up the A/F ratios on the fueling map, added a bit more spark advance and couldn't be more chuffed with the result. Throttle response is much better and the engine runs cooler.

As stated, get a tuner and a custom dyno session. It's lean from the factory and once fixed it'll run cooler.
Drop by a Victory dealer and take a ride on a Octane just to compare. Congrats on the new bike.

There's quite a few tuning choices out there. I have the Powervision on my Night Rod. I wasn't after peak HP, I wanted driveability since all Harley's come really lean from the factory. I fattened up the A/F ratios on the fueling map, added a bit more spark advance and couldn't be more chuffed with the result. Throttle response is much better and the engine runs cooler.

I have Thundermax it has a recurring hic up at 6k . It comes and goes . I understand there is a newer tuner available from thundermax .I may trade up.

Back
Top Bottom