June 15/16/17 Calabogie w Pro 6! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

June 15/16/17 Calabogie w Pro 6!

You would want to be in the Red group.
Bikes that pass you on the straight won't hold you up in the corners, and, your corner speed won't be an issue. Your lines will be good and it won't be an issue for a faster bike to get by.
I ride towards the top end of Yellow and constantly have the issue of passing a litre bike out of a corner only to have them pass me back on the straight. Often these are riders who don't know the track (and take unpredictable lines) leaving me stuck behind them for a lap of more to make a safe pass. This doesn't happen in the Red group.
Occasionally I'll ride with the Red group and enjoy it much better; any bike that passes me, stays passed me.

Red both days with an X on your back just to let people know you're slow on the straightaways. Cornering wise toul be fine in red.

Learning-the-track time will be minimal, I've raced there, I just haven't ridden this bike there. Leaning towards advanced group both days to avoid the intermediate-group fast-bike-slow-rider issues.

Brian, I was racing this past weekend, and I have never been to Bogie before.

By the end of Sunday I was running 2:31s on the R3 with stock suspension. With built suspension and a few more sessions (CSBK only gives me 4 sessions, 2 races and qualifying) I could have gotten down to until 2:30 easily.

I did 2:30-ish on the FZR400. So far, at smaller tracks (Shannonville, Grand Bend) lap times have been more or less the same on the R3 as on the FZR but that may be a tall order at Bogie (or Mosport). I see that Avery Hart (R3) and Trevor Dion (Ninja 400) did 2:27-ish today (the nationals have a lightweight round running together with VRRA at Bogie), and I'm older than both of those riders put together ... Keep in mind that the cornering speed needed to do 2:27 on an R3 is probably on par with doing 15 seconds faster than that on a 600, which has the better part of 3 times as much power.

If there are other lightweight bikes running in the advanced group and the riders are used to it then it'll be OK. But that's the thing I don't know, having not done a track day there since some rider in red group who shouldn't have been there, scared the crap out of me. Unpredictable riders scare me more than faster riders do.
Brian. I think you should be fine in Red. Avery did a 2:23!!!!! on Sunday. I managed a 2:27 running 14 45 gearing on my R3.

Anyone going up next weekend? Thinking sunday/monday again

Are you on Pro6 VIP list? Monday is VIP only with a higher price for the open track format. I usually go Sun/Mon but going Sat/Sun instead.

Jeff

Are you on Pro6 VIP list? Monday is VIP only with a higher price for the open track format. I usually go Sun/Mon but going Sat/Sun instead.

Jeff

Should be but thanks for the reply. Sunday now looks iffy as I have a funeral Saturday and it's in Windsor.

Windsor to Bogie is not a trip I wanna do Saturday evening to ride Sunday

T

Woot in for Monday but I'll come up early Sunday, prob go fishing for a bit.

I'll need a tow on Monday, I may have forgotten this track it's been so long!

Giddy up!

To close out an earlier discussion ... Evidently Pro 6 won't put lightweight bikes into the red group, and automatically bumps them down to yellow (intermediate). The stated reason is "too much closing speed to the litre bikes" ... but this same situation exists in intermediate; I sure got passed on straightaways as if I were stopped, many times. (Never unsafely, I might add.)

Suffice it to say that being out with the intermediate riders became a problem. I will not be doing another lightweight-unfriendly track day. I'd rather enter CSBK and finish dead last owing to being 3 times the age and 100 lbs heavier than the leaders, but not have to concern myself with the BS.

That's too bad. I'm a mid pack yellow rider and know what you mean. I get the packs of riders who are obviously riding together and trying to stay together. First pass is clean, second rider is fine,bit the third will nearly always be a ****** one.

Brian I don't understand pro 6 logic on that one, would it not be better to point you out to the other fast group riders at riders meeting, and go in red?

Lots of things could have been done to improve this particular customer's experience, but weren't. Evidently I was just another jerk breaking the rules (unknowingly - I still don't know what I did the first day, and the first session of the second). At this point I don't care, I won't be back.

Back
Top Bottom