Jevico > Intact insurance > Old bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jevico > Intact insurance > Old bike

Hawk

Just got a registered letter today from Jevco which was bought by Intact insurance. It seems they no longer cover bike insurance now that they are Intact. I'm looking for a company that will insure a 30 year old bike for liability only. A lot of companies will not touch it because of the age. Any info much appreciated.

Just got a registered letter today from Jevco which was bought by Intact insurance. It seems they no longer cover bike insurance now that they are Intact. I'm looking for a company that will insure a 30 year old bike for liability only. A lot of companies will not touch it because of the age. Any info much appreciated.

Jevco was purchased by Intact Insurance. Intact is the largest property and casualty insurance company in Canada. They are continuing to insure motorcycles. Not all Jevco brokers have been offered Intact contracts. An Intact broker will be able to insure your bike for the same rate and coverage. John R Duffy Insurance Brokers is an Intact broker and would be happy to help you out.

I guess my insurance broker wasn't being completely honest with me and may have been dropped by Intact. Thus I was given slightly misleading infor when I called my broker. I will give Duffy a call. I did try State Farm several years ago and they were much much more $$ even with two cars insured with them.
Thank you for the info. If anyone else has info on insuring a vintage bike (30 years) liability only, please let me know. The more quotes the better.

Jevco was purchased by Intact Insurance. Intact is the largest property and casualty insurance company in Canada. They are continuing to insure motorcycles. Not all Jevco brokers have been offered Intact contracts. An Intact broker will be able to insure your bike for the same rate and coverage. John R Duffy Insurance Brokers is an Intact broker and would be happy to help you out.

Give a call 416 579 0080. can insure upto 1981.

I guess my insurance broker wasn't being completely honest with me and may have been dropped by Intact. Thus I was given slightly misleading infor when I called my broker. I will give Duffy a call. I did try State Farm several years ago and they were much much more $$ even with two cars insured with them.
Thank you for the info. If anyone else has info on insuring a vintage bike (30 years) liability only, please let me know. The more quotes the better.

Do they still consider older sport bikes regular sport bikes after 15 years like Jevco did?

Jevco is no more. Intact acquired them last year. Just got my renewal and found out they're cutting me loose. Bike is blacklisted. Roachbastardmother****ers.

call 416 579 0080 as long as you're over 30 yrs old. should be able to help and great rates too!
Jevco is no more. Intact acquired them last year. Just got my renewal and found out they're cutting me loose. Bike is blacklisted. Roachbastardmother****ers.

ive gotten some crazy quotes from TD, although I hear its because im under 30.
I am looking to insure a 1966 bike next summer as an occasional rider, any good suggestions for insurance. I used to insure it through CVMG many years ago but that has now stopped.

Just something I've noticed: if you're young and trying to insure a big bike through TD, do NOT use the online quote system. I was quoted $12,000 (yes no typo) and after calling them directly and speaking to an agent my quote is $1400. Just something to keep in mind.

Will they insure someone under 21? I read somewhere that Jevco wouldn't, I've got a 68 Yamaha 250 and had my m2 at 16 and I'm 20 now

anyone have a current blacklist for intact? I wanna find out if my SV1000 is going to get the axe and start shopping around now...

Phoned around today for 1 million liability on a 650c nighthawk and here are the results.

State Farm $1510 bike alone, $903 if I bring my car over.
John Duffy $695 with Intact insurance
J D Smith $695 with Intact
Desjardins insurance $498 bike only. That's cheaper than I paid last year with Jevco.
Has anyone had experience dealing with Desjardins insurance?

I'm with Desjardin/the personal (same company) for car, house and rental property. I have 1 claim so far, one not at fault accident. They gave me more money than what I paid for the car a year before the accident. So nothing bad to say about them :p.

Back
Top Bottom