Jevco no longer insures SS bikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jevco no longer insures SS bikes

RodneyBR

Site Supporter
I have a policy with Jevco on my VFR800 and was inquiring about quotes on SS bikes. I was surprised when they told me that they no longer insure Super Sport bikes (unless they are 96 and older). Also, if you have a SS with Jevco you will be dropped once you policy renews. The reason my broker gave me is there are to many claims and it's not worth it for them to insure SS bikes. Other SS insurance options include; Primmum (TD) and Statefarm, but who knows how much longer these companies will insure them.

I dunno..I don't always trust brokers..my broker told me my policy was being cancelled..when I called the insurance company directly, it turned out they had no such termination policy in effect. I have no idea why the broker was saying otherwise..maybe I smell bad??

In the case of Jevco, it was announced back in March or April I believe that they would indeed be dropping the SS class bikes altogether -- up until then, they had a 400% premium on SS, so they weren't really a viable option anyway unless no other company would insure you. If such is the case and you can't get coverage with any of the usual suspects, try Facility, a friend of mine had some pretty good luck with them.

Considering the amount of theft that's occurred, not to mention all the wrecks etc, I guess I don't blame them for wanting to avoid insuring the more "risky" bikes, but I hope this doesn't become a common trend.

Deja vu with respect to Jevco. They'v pulled this stunt before.

haha yeah cutting into their 1389123901839018 billion dollar profits is considered "losing money" to an Ins company (or bank)

Back
Top Bottom