Jevco motorcycle rates going up ?! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jevco motorcycle rates going up ?!

Re: ON Jevco motorcycle rates going up ?!

This isnt for Jevco but I got a quote in January of $690 and miraculously that has changed to just over $1000 now that I want to pick up the bike. When I asked how the rates changed by more than 30% I was given an extremely weak explanation on how they changed some classification and coverage areas.

They are all thieves as far as I am concerned

when i moved to east york i was told my insurance was high as east york is the highest in the gta, when i moved to scarborough it went up a further $500, was told scarborough was the highest in the gta... etc etc..

Shop around. Jevco /Intact's glory days are over.

I gotta pretty decent deal (eventually) with TD. Had to spend a lot of time on the phone tho. Its worth a shot.

My renewal with ridersplus almost doubled for no reason.... Arg time to spend a day on the phones to get a decent rate.

Check TD
Intact's went way up phoned them and said good bye
1152 Intact 656 TD

Mine is due for renew in June, I have started the search. I live "close" to Brampton.......

My Jevco/Intact renewal went up slightly, around $30. Maybe I'll just stick with them this season.

got my renewal and what you know from $1183 to $846..... pleasantly surprised so much for the increase

Jevco/Intact is over for me. I just got my renewal, went from 1800$ to 2500$ and I'm turning 25....

Jevco/Intact is over for me. I just got my renewal, went from 1800$ to 2500$ and I'm turning 25....

Its ****ing weird man...Did an online quote yesterday with Kanetix and they quoted me 2298 with Jevco. Through Easyinsure I got 1774 via Intact. Exact same specs...so I don't know what to believe.

turned 22 in jan, no collisions or tickets. everything stayed the same went from $2500 to $3350...
guess i gotta shop around again

on your renewal does it say Intact or Jevco?? Did you call them and ask for a reason why? You'd think the largest player in the whole country would have enough money not to rape everyone up the ***...Is it just the younger guys being hit a lot harder?

edit: Kanetix was being weird earlier...now its giving me a more reasonable $1766 through Jevco 23, riding since 09 clean* record.

Last edited:
no idea why it went up so much. emailed my broker and waiting for a response. meanwhile, im gonna phone around and see what other prices i get.

on your renewal does it say Intact or Jevco?? Did you call them and ask for a reason why? You'd think the largest player in the whole country would have enough money not to rape everyone up the ***...Is it just the younger guys being hit a lot harder?

edit: Kanetix was being weird earlier...now its giving me a more reasonable $1766 through Jevco 23, riding since 09 clean* record.

Renewal says Intact, Jevco doesn't exist anymore. The increase is there so you move your home/condo/apart and car with them, here's my broker e-mail:

Hi Vince,
Intact offers a 10% discount on the bike if you have your car insured with them and 5% if you have your home/condo/apt. with them.
You can also receive a 15% discount on the car if you have your home/condo/apt. insured with them as well.

So basically, it would be 1473$ instead of 1733$ if I wait to turn 25 y old or 2125$ instead of 2500$ if I do it now if I move all my stuff with them....I was paying 1800$ when I was 23 y old with Jevco and that was for one motorcycle....not much of a decrease for turning 25 :(

Count me as another fella gettin' boned too. '86 BMW K75, clean record, 34 years old, Full M license for several years now and been riding for about 6 years. Last spring Echelon bumped my rate from about $600 to $800, so I cancelled with Echelon and switched to Jevco though John R. Duffy. So much for that! Same damn thing: last year the Jevco was $638, this year they're bumping it to $836! Time to start looking again! I bank with TD, so I'm probably going to try and call them, but does anybody know if they touch bikes over 25 years old? I know some insurers won't and I'm not going to waste my time if they're one of those.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom