Jet kits | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Jet kits

'bout the only "emissions" equipment you'll find on a 2000/1 Honda F4 would be the muffler, which pretty well everyone replaces with something lighter.

EFI is an EASY swap on a F4. The next model year was a F4i The "I" stand for injected

The F4 has a bit of a cult following, sort of a gentleman's supersport. They're less intense than other super sports, easier to ride. Sorta like racing your couch.

Absolutely Not intending to single out the op here, but why does a huge portion of the motorcycle public seem to think it is ok to ride a modern motorcycle that has all the pollution control equipment removed and is half way to being a race bike minus the safety wiring, specs and oil spill pan. I don't get that, and you are a mechanic so you know the law against emissions tampering? would you remove all the pollution control equipment on your family mini van or current model car and put a loud exhaust system on it? We know the cost, what's the gain if you don't intend to race the street bike.

I started up a rambling reply to this. Blew it up and trying again:

I actually agree in principle. But a LOT of motorcycle emissions equipment has historically been pretty lazy, and in North America it's not as well regulated as it should be for manufacturers. Re-jetting an F4 isn't going to do a lot of harm... now dropping the O2 sensor controlled catalytic converter on a modern bike is a different story.

'bout the only "emissions" equipment you'll find on a 2000/1 Honda F4 would be the muffler, ...
There is no bout about it, the carburetors vacuum controlled throttle design was to comply with fuel consumption and emissions regulations of the time, otherwise it would have VM round or old style venturi slide carbs instead, they are cheaper to build. The CV's likely had anti-tamper plugs over the low speed adjustment screws at one time too. The sound level of the original pipe met road spec and had a stamp on it showing that bikes model and emissions compliance, the replacement exhaust Might in a rare case do both of those things but I bet it's way more likely for track use only stamped on it instead. It had a fuel vapour recovery and positive crankcase vent stuff on it too, it's a y2k bike, it had to.

If you defeat the attempts those devices are put on there for, you have sorta tampered with the vehicles emission control devices contrary to federal law and made it a race only bike to ride on public streets.
Made to be noisy and burn more fuel motorcycles are not making any friends for motorcycle riders in the publics view.

Absolutely Not intending to single out the op here, but why does a huge portion of the motorcycle public seem to think it is ok to ride a modern motorcycle that has all the pollution control equipment removed and is half way to being a race bike minus the safety wiring, specs and oil spill pan. I don't get that, and you are a mechanic so you know the law against emissions tampering? would you remove all the pollution control equipment on your family mini van or current model car and put a loud exhaust system on it? We know the cost, what's the gain if you don't intend to race the street bike.
Well you looking like one big tree huger I have one think go get yourself a electric bike and electrical car and because you don’t have pipe in the back of you vehicle you can think you save the planet and I bet even my bike with the most fuel I can dump in it it will be less toxin emissions then your electric car but you won’t know coz you don’t see further the the tv and pretty commercial on the electric vehicles

If I want fuel injection bike I will buy one no try to make carbureted bike in to fuel injection

You don't need FI to make a bike fast. Just tune the carb for your setup. Bike will scream, beat the pants off fuelie trendies. Make sure the carb kit has the needle upgrade, IMO that is the biggest improvement. You can install any jets you want after.

You don't need FI to make a bike fast. Just tune the carb for your setup. Bike will scream, beat the pants off fuelie trendies. Make sure the carb kit has the needle upgrade, IMO that is the biggest improvement. You can install any jets you want after.
That what I will do just a was looking for some review on the witch one are better option

Finally someone I this form knows what I’m talking about?

That what I will do just a was looking for some review on the witch one are better option

Finally someone I this form knows what I’m talking about?
Sounds to me like you've made up your mind - have at it, good luck.

Sounds to me like you've made up your mind - have at it, good luck.
Yes I made my mind long before I know what that bike is capable of I just need some product reviews witch I didn’t get so for all this guys here what I will do is before even order the jet kit I will put the bike on the dyno and get the base run and when I’m done with the bike I will make other dyno run and I will post it here coz some people here only read the spec but don’t have a clue what and how is done

Anxious to see your jet kit.
Maybe I'll get one for my chainsaw.

Yes I made my mind long before I know what that bike is capable of I just need some product reviews witch I didn’t get so for all this guys here what I will do is before even order the jet kit I will put the bike on the dyno and get the base run and when I’m done with the bike I will make other dyno run and I will post it here coz some people here only read the spec but don’t have a clue what and how is done
I have a very good understanding of what exactly a jet kit does and why it would be used. So do many others posting here.
I look forward to your before and after dyno runs, it'll be interesting to see what horsepower gains you will or won't be making.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

You should change your chainsaw with electric is more easy to operate the mechanic chainsaws are for the people with brain witch work not for people with empty heads
You should buy the right motorcycle and just ride it.
Maybe figure out that pollution is not fake news and the year is 2020 not 1965 when I first started learning about carburetors.

See this relic:
s-l1600.jpg

:geek: he swapped around the #1 and #4 floats when he had it apart, and you can tell this because when you park an I-4 bike on the side stand for prolonged periods the carbs on that side are the last ones to evaporate dry and stain the plastic floats just like that. See the green residue they failed to clean off the vent pipes, that is copper leaching from the original brass parts.

See the pilot screws, :sneaky: well no you can't because they are capped to stop you from tampering with them, you are going to need to drill out the caps that were put on there to prevent you from tampering with them and thereby void your warranty.

See this relic:
s-l1600.jpg

:geek: he swapped around the #1 and #4 floats when he had it apart, and you can tell this because when you park an I-4 bike on the side stand for prolonged periods the carbs on that side are the last ones to evaporate dry and stain the plastic floats just like that. See the green residue they failed to clean off the vent pipes, that is copper leaching from the original brass parts.

See the pilot screws, :sneaky: well no you can't because they are capped to stop you from tampering with them, you are going to need to drill out the caps that were put on there to prevent you from tampering with them and thereby void your warranty.
Buddy why don’t go and drive you electric bike and car there and don’t try to teach me staff what I already know keep the stupid comments for your self and the tree huger crowd what you in

You think my bike will pollute more then the truck on the road of coal electric plants or nuclear ones I now about pollution and I know is real but look like millions other think will pollute more then my bike if I put a bit more gas in it

Since you start with the technical part let me shine a bit of light on the emissions 1. My 20 year old bike even if ruining rich as possible still dump less toxic emissions then and last model car with internal combustion engine 2. Out on the market have a million product where can give you less toxin emissions on the test 3. All that emissions testing and tampering emissions when in the drain since 2018 I think when they cancel the program with the emissions and ever since I seeing a lot of cars with non complaint emissions even the new ones come from the factory mr Tree huger welcome to the reality

About the engine archeology tell me how many time you see the guts of the engine find the problem and know the coz of the problem how many engines you open and put back together and they run for years after I have a lot a engine rebuilt most are racing engine and they still running and pulling hard how many time you see engine and bu the way is running without any more info about it you can tell what is the problem and how to fix it

About the picture with that card I can give you even more details about the history and couple more hint how you can make it perform better

So please hide back in the hole where you get out and stop posting I like to hear a real review on the product no lily gaging from you

Is this your first ever motorcycle?

Your bike has Keihin carbs, why don't you use Keihin jets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom