January 23rd??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

January 23rd???

DucatiDan

Just got back from a ride. Got some strange looks and a few thumbs up. Come on spring!! PS, I wore full leathers because I figured the risk of taking a spill was pretty good. I was actually pretty cozy although my speeds were mostly below 100 km/hr.
ad228a0a-d39b-782f.jpg

Just make sure you give that bike a good washing before you let it nap for a month or two...

Ride was only about 1/2 hour. I wanted to make sure the engine warmed up & the battery charged. I have a trickle charger but I haven't needed to use it yet. I'll give it a good cleaning to get all the salt off and watch the weather network until my next time out!

Distance riding matters more than the duration. Just park it and forget about it until the Springtime.

Horsepucky - some of my most interesting and enjoyable rides have been short distance and long duration. I'll put the 3-4 hours yesterday up to Kuranda and down the Gillies against any ride on the planet. Only a couple hundred k - some of the best riding ever. Feels good to get out no matter what the weather. Slabs are boring. It's fun to be out in odd weather and poking around the smaller roads. Good on you OP?

I was dying to ride today......but my bike has yet to be plated. I just unloaded my new cbr off the truck last night so still need to go get safety done. If this weather keeps up that just might be this week

I was dying to ride today......but my bike has yet to be plated. I just unloaded my new cbr off the truck last night so still need to go get safety done. If this weather keeps up that just might be this week

You really want to wipe out on a brand new (to you?) bike?

would have thought that full leathers that i see in the pic would be a little cold for today. But then again, everyone's tolerance is different.

Just got back from a ride. Got some strange looks and a few thumbs up. Come on spring!! PS, I wore full leathers because I figured the risk of taking a spill was pretty good. I was actually pretty cozy although my speeds were mostly below 100 km/hr.
ad228a0a-d39b-782f.jpg

Just make sure you give that bike a good washing before you let it nap for a month or two...

A month or two?.. one maybe, but not two, 6 weeks tops methinks.. :) I took a 30 minute ride today as well. The streets are dry around here, no ice so no worries about wipeouts. I've been starting it up and trying to ride it at least once a week throughout the winter, even if it's just a 10 minute spin to keep the fluids going. So far i have every week save for last week. 28 year old bike and it starts right up on the first try every time even after sitting for 7 days in an unheated garage. Gotta love Honda! It's been a good winter so far :)

Last edited:
So far i have every week save for last week. 28 year old bike and it starts right up on the first try every time even after sitting for 7 days in an unheated garage. Gotta love Honda! It's been a good winter so far :)

+1

My V45 sabre did the same :)

@ MacDoc: My last post was in regards to distance ridden in charging the battery during a ride. You may have misunderstood what I posted. I find it hard to believe that you can charge a battery fully from a half hour ride. A Battery needs to be above idle speed for charging purposes. That is all. Glad you had fun.

I wore full leathers because I figured the risk of taking a spill was pretty good. I was actually pretty cozy although my speeds were mostly below 100 km/hr.

I dunno, that knitted hat you're wearing doesn't look like much protection.

;)

@ MacDoc: My last post was in regards to distance ridden in charging the battery during a ride. You may have misunderstood what I posted. I find it hard to believe that you can charge a battery fully from a half hour ride. A Battery needs to be above idle speed for charging purposes. That is all. Glad you had fun.

The battery is heading for a trickle charger anyway but thanks for the info!

I ride my little 250R daily... I find the cold doesn't bother me with some proper gear and wider than normal turns makes the winter riding a non issue. I too get strange looks from cagers but I tell myself it's just jealousy lol *Totally lying to myself I know* I average 2 hours of riding a day, usually 45 minutes non stop at times.

Just to make sure... Other than the salt (Which I wash off) winter riding isn't bad for the bike, right?

Back
Top Bottom