is this a viable option | GTAMotorcycle.com

is this a viable option

rescue

for approx 3 years now i have been getting my m1 and riding my bike from aug-oct. Also getting insurance just for those three months.
because of my work that is all i can ride . I allow my m1 to expire and cancel my insuramce
i pay a little more for insurance 150/month and lose an hour in re-writing my m1 every year.
this has served me well but this year will be switching jobs and still thinking of doing the same as i really
enjoy riding this time of year only.
what are the pros and cons

for approx 3 years now i have been getting my m1 and riding my bike from aug-oct. Also getting insurance just for those three months.
because of my work that is all i can ride . I allow my m1 to expire and cancel my insuramce
i pay a little more for insurance 150/month and lose an hour in re-writing my m1 every year.
this has served me well but this year will be switching jobs and still thinking of doing the same as i really

Why not just get your M2 so that you don't have to write the test every year, and continue with your arrangement of riding Aug-Oct and cancelling?

150$/month*3 month = $450+$17.50=$467.50/year - Hwys(over 80km/h)
What bike do you have? because 150$/month is pretty high though...

1990 vfr ..with state farm....never go on highway;-)...just no time togo get tested for m2

1990 vfr ..with state farm....never go on highway;-)...just no time togo get tested for m2
I think with 1990 vfr you could have full coverage about 500$/year if you had m2. you need one day only to get m2. If you are riding about 3 years - you got enough experience to pass the test by your self, guess. it will be 40$ for next 5 years vs 17.50$/year you are paying now... :lmao:

I agree with slogan . . . just go an get our M2 already. It will allow you more freedom to choose roads, will save you the hassel every year to write the M1, and you could probably insure for a full year at the same price that you are paying for just a few months (if you are over 25yo).

Get your M2, and then a year later switch over to Jevco and you will probably be paying about $500/yr rather than $500 for three months. Until you get your full year of M1/M2 experience, you are probably cheapest sticking with State Farm.

yeah starting to figure it out
got a quote from SF for 1700/yr
i m 40 with clean record
700 if i insure all my vehicles,house,life and dog

yeah starting to figure it out
got a quote from SF for 1700/yr
i m 40 with clean record
700 if i insure all my vehicles,house,life and dog

If you are 40yo, you will be able to insure that bike for very cheap once you get your M2 and acquire a year of experience. You can take a rider course to get your M2 or just take the M1 exit exam with the MTO (which is conducted in a parking lot with pilons).

for approx 3 years now i have been getting my m1
I held my M1 continuously for three years (didn't even expire once!). It got to the point that I'd just walk in and go "what test today? A, B or C?" ... "C" ... "Ok, a, a, b, c, c, d, a, five years, snow plow, yield to oncoming traffic, center median..." stamp off I go :)

Worked well for a while until some girl ruined it for me. She wanted to come on the back :( Took the MTO's advice, asked what days they do testing on, and if the weather looked iffy on one of those days, just show up and put your name on the "waiting list", if someone doesn't show up for their test, they let you take it. I did that on the very next testing day and they just tested me 1st thing before everyone else!

-Jamie M.

I held my M1 continuously for three years (didn't even expire once!). It got to the point that I'd just walk in and go "what test today? A, B or C?" ... "C" ... "Ok, a, a, b, c, c, d, a, five years, snow plow, yield to oncoming traffic, center median..." stamp off I go :)

Worked well for a while until some girl ruined it for me. She wanted to come on the back :( Took the MTO's advice, asked what days they do testing on, and if the weather looked iffy on one of those days, just show up and put your name on the "waiting list", if someone doesn't show up for their test, they let you take it. I did that on the very next testing day and they just tested me 1st thing before everyone else!

-Jamie M.

But why would someone want to do this? Isn't it easier just to do the ministry test to get your M2, and be done with it? This would also eliminate the annoying restrictions (such as when and where you can ride).

Back
Top Bottom