Is there anyway to negotiate insurance based on upcoming discounts? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is there anyway to negotiate insurance based on upcoming discounts?

油井緋色

Site Supporter
Long story short:

Next June I'll have my M2 for one year, September of that year I turn 25.

Is there anyway to negotiate to pay more than I would when I turn 25 (or held my M2 for a year) prior to that happening but not paying the ridiculous **** tons it costs during year 1 and prior to 25?

Thanks ahead of time. Otherwise I may just suck it up this time.

I've never heard of insurance companies negotiating premiums except by reducing coverage. I don't know if a sliding scale is built into the rate structure already.
I can see the June marker as being a factor but the September one is getting close to the end of the season.

No -- insurance rates are not negotiable. Even if the insurer wanted to negotiate with you, they are not permitted to do so by law. The broker/agent MUST quote you a premium using the rate manual that is filed with the regulator.

What you can do is give them a call when you turn 25 and tell them you're now 25. Depending on who you're with, they may send you a rebate based on the premium difference for the remaining months in your fiscal year you've already paid for. I got a few hundred bucks back by doing this, so it's worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom