Is it me or road signs in Ontario bad?? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it me or road signs in Ontario bad??

I've been perplexed by this for a while now, finally have 2 examples to share.

I did a ride to Northey's Bay rd this Sunday. At some point I was a little lost because I ended up someplace and there were no signs suggesting how far the next town etc was. Anyone else find the lack of signage frustrating?

1 - Exiting Northey's Bay rd at the East end. You have a right or left option. No sign at the intersection to suggest which way either might take you.
I went right (south) because my gas was getting low and should start back. This was now HWY 6, again on HWY 6 no signs suggesting what towns might be ahead. I pitstopped to GPS stuff.

2 - On my way to Northey's Bay I stopped in Buckhorn to then hop over to Burleigh Falls. At the intersection of HWY 37 & 36 there is no sign for Burleigh Falls only Bancroft, which I find is just dumb.

Am I the only one?
I have a cottage in the area. Local riders want our roads to remain empty of "out of towners" and we have intentionally removed as many signs as is practical to make finding your way around as difficult as possible.

For those who don't know where Northey's Bay Road is, a great little bike road, I suggest heading up the 400 and then asking a local person in Barrie for directions.

Last edited:
This thread reminded me of when I went to PEI to meet my girlfriends' (now wife) parents on my motorcycle.

While on the ferry from New Brunswick I mentioned to a couple truckers that I didn't know where I was going yet. When I mentioned her fathers name one said, "Jack? I know where they live."

He then gave me the following directions:

"Take the Trans Canada to Charlottetown. after the Peter-Pan turn and past the mall take a right, that road ends at the Trans Canada. Turn left and go to Harold's Irving station in Mount Stewart. Take that right. Go through town and turn right again at Lorny's house, I think it's yellow, or maybe cream. It's been a while since I was there. Follow that road all the way to St. Theresa's but if you get to the church you've gone too far. You need to turn where the old railway station USED TO BE."

Back
Top Bottom