Is it blue book or declared amount | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it blue book or declared amount

@Krazybones911 my SO contact (owns/operates a few locations) says that they haven't seen price on a motorcycle UVIP yet and as far as they have been told, sales tax is due on the purchase price.

Ok i registered the bike and I thought I would give an update.

So even though it said $16000 her computer made me pay the declared value. Maybe its something they are working on, or trying to scare people with the UVP but its still Declared value.

Ok i registered the bike and I thought I would give an update.

So even though it said $16000 her computer made me pay the declared value. Maybe its something they are working on, or trying to scare people with the UVP but its still Declared value.
I was told by SO you paid tax on the amount on the UVIP IF it had a value. This was a couple years back on a camper. No value so paid on "declared value". Yes I am one of them screwing it up for the honest folk.

I was told by SO you paid tax on the amount on the UVIP IF it had a value. This was a couple years back on a camper. No value so paid on "declared value". Yes I am one of them screwing it up for the honest folk.
That is the normal process. Bikes never used to have a value on UVIP and were therefore not subject to that clause. It looks like they are trying to adjust the process but haven't pulled the trigger yet (and really need to fix the crap valuations before they do).

They will take the highest value out of: i) UVIP wholesale price or ii) Bill of sale declared value. This applies with cars and bikes.

However, there is also another option which will override i) and ii). You can get an appraisal done which is what will be used for determining tax due. An appraisal is $50 and if you have a few connections, its easy to find an appraiser who will write what you tell him to write.

For instance, I know someone who bought a car with a UVIP wholesale price of around $30,000. He would have paid close to $4000 in taxes. Got an appraisal done and wrote down $1000 for the value (engine seized.. bla bla). He paid $130 in taxes and walked out, service Ontario people didn't care.

Whether or not the above lines up with your moral compass is up to you, but to me, re-taxing a used good is ridiculous.

They will take the highest value out of: i) UVIP wholesale price or ii) Bill of sale declared value.
I was told SO that it's UVIP price regardless of BOS value.

They will take the highest value out of: i) UVIP wholesale price or ii) Bill of sale declared value. This applies with cars and bikes.

However, there is also another option which will override i) and ii). You can get an appraisal done which is what will be used for determining tax due. An appraisal is $50 and if you have a few connections, its easy to find an appraiser who will write what you tell him to write.

For instance, I know someone who bought a car with a UVIP wholesale price of around $30,000. He would have paid close to $4000 in taxes. Got an appraisal done and wrote down $1000 for the value (engine seized.. bla bla). He paid $130 in taxes and walked out, service Ontario people didn't care.

Whether or not the above lines up with your moral compass is up to you, but to me, re-taxing a used good is ridiculous.
What you said applies to cars. From Krazybones experience and my SO contact, it does not yet apply to bikes.

What you said applies to cars. From Krazybones experience and my SO contact, it does not yet apply to bikes.

Interesting, that is good to know though. While I was at SO, I overheard a similar discussion to someone registering a commercial vehicle where the guy was surprised he was charged tax on declared value not wholesale value. I (think) the SO lady said that it is something unique to that vehicle type and perhaps motorcycle fall under the same umbrella.

Back
Top Bottom