Is crossing into the US a breeze now? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is crossing into the US a breeze now?

Forgive me for being out of touch or not conducting a thorough search first. I am itching to go to Lake Placid by way of the Prescott crossing. I haven't been to the States since 2019 and will only go when things are back to normal. I've had my three shots. What have others experienced lately when trying to cross? Thanks, -Al

Crossing into the US is easy. Coming back to Canada is more of a hassle.

Went to California by land crossing in February. The US border guard asked us if we were vaxxed but didn't ask for any proof. When we came back to Canada, we needed to have filled out an ArriveCAN form online as well as proof of negative PCR test taken within the last 72 hours.

They've relaxed the testing requirement now. But you still need to fill out an ArriveCAN form.

Last edited:
Like Lightcycle said. You need to know and provide where you're going to cross back to Canada, before you do.

It's going to be more of a hassle, if you're not vaxxed.

Like Lightcycle said. You need to know and provide where you're going to cross back to Canada, before you do.

It's going to be more of a hassle, if you're not vaxxed.
To answer your question YES, it's a breeze. Since the beginning of May, I've I've crossed at Niagara, Fort Erie, Detroit, and over the weekend at Thousand Islands by road -- not a single car in front of me, no proof of anything other than passport. I was in a car heading to Toledo with some colleagues -- as we fumbled for our vax proof stuff, the US CBP agent says "don't bother -- as far as CBP is concerned COVID is over."

Coming back is pretty easy too, you do need to be vaxxed and you must download, register and use the ArriveCan app for easy entry. The Unvaxxed and those not willing to use ArriveCan can expect an hour delay and possible travel restrictions..

Last Friday via the Whirlpool Nexus Bridge. Only person there. Was a quick 2 minute interaction.

Coming back I had my ArriveCAN done, didn't have to remove my helmet. Only asked how much I spent and was on my way.

Very smooth. Over the past couple months, I've done it in the Nexus lanes and non-Nexus.

Went across Blue Water Bridge (Sarnia) last Sunday evening in my van. No lineup. Very quick. Filled in ArriveCan a couple days before coming home, includes uploading vaccine certificates and entering my passport number. Crossed back this past Saturday, no lineup, very quick. I am pretty sure that ArriveCan gets tied to your passport so that they already know.

Follow procedure, very quick. Try to buck procedure, probably won't go well. I have no interest in finding out what happens.

Back
Top Bottom