Is Arai VAS-V Max Pinlock Insert Reusable? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is Arai VAS-V Max Pinlock Insert Reusable?

ramzdam

I just recently bought a pinlock insert for my Arai Corsair X and put it in the Stock visor. But just yesterday I bought another visor which is Arai VAS-V Pro Shade. Since this new visor will replace my Stock Visor. Can I uninstall the visor from my Stock Visor to the newly purchased one? I mean the anti fog pinlock is basically new but is it ok to remove it and place it to another visor?

I think so as long as the silicone seal hasn’t glued itself to your original visor. Just be careful peeling it off.

as long as the new visor is for the same helmet it should be fine

like JC says, exercise care in removal
and avoid excessive finger print action during removal/installation
I just did this with my Nolan helmet setup with no issues

The pinlock one is the one that came with your Arai, correct? I just bought a new Corsair X and the pinlock came with it. I will never use it, message me if you want it.

The pinlock one is the one that came with your Arai, correct? I just bought a new Corsair X and the pinlock came with it. I will never use it, message me if you want it.

Man...you have to use it. It’s like voodoo magic. Seriously.

lol, why? (it seems to me it would be like using a snowmobile shield)

I didn’t put one on my helmet until this week and the difference in anti-fogging is unreal. I had hesitated as I thought it would affect vision through the shield but it doesn’t at all. I cannot fog up my shield now. It’s awesome, I’m kicking myself for waiting so long to install it.

I think so as long as the silicone seal hasn’t glued itself to your original visor. Just be careful peeling it off.
This is the reason I was hesitant to remove in my Shoei I removed the installed pinlock to my visor to clean it. But after that the silicone is not glueing itself to the visor and there is a gap between the visor and the pinlock

lol, why? (it seems to me it would be like using a snowmobile shield)
hahaha yeah seem so but having a this pinlock really help me with my riding specially with my breathing. I always breath so hard that it actually fogs up my visor.

My RX7X didn't any pinlock when the box came with it although I'm not sure if it has a pinlock that came with it since I preorder it from a local shop here in my area. Would really be great if it came with it though

If this is true I would love to have it :) thanks in advance

Didn't bother installing the pinlock that came with my GT - Air for a year. Then tried it out and now wouldn't own a helmet without it. I ride to work a few times a week and leave my house at 5am. It's like magic.

+1 for pinlock. The Schuberth I bought last year is the first helmet I've owned with pinlock, definitely a must on my helmets from now on.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Didn't bother installing the pinlock that came with my GT - Air for a year. Then tried it out and now wouldn't own a helmet without it. I ride to work a few times a week and leave my house at 5am. It's like magic.
Tell me about it. I also got my very first helmet the Shoei GT-Air 2 and when I bought it from a shop they already installed the pinlock for me. So I was never aware of the hassle if there were no pinlock until I bought my Arai without a pinlock. My visor gets fogged up even when I'm still in the parking area. That's when I realized how important the pinlock is

OK, I must be just strange because, unless I am riding at the end of October, my shield never fogs up. One of the best things about the Arai helmet you can open the shield a fraction of inch, at any point. Some helmets the minimum opening is too much.

OK, I must be just strange because, unless I am riding at the end of October, my shield never fogs up. One of the best things about the Arai helmet you can open the shield a fraction of inch, at any point. Some helmets the minimum opening is too much.

When I leave the house a 5:00am and it's only 6 degrees my shield without the pinlock is a PITA. Leaving it open a bit will only clear a bit. especially when I have to stop for any reason. Guess I could just hold my breath for half an hour.:unsure:

When I leave the house a 5:00am and it's only 6 degrees my shield without the pinlock is a PITA. Leaving it open a bit will only clear a bit. especially when I have to stop for any reason. Guess I could just hold my breath for half an hour.:unsure:

I guess I found the secret to anti-fogging, I don't go to work till 11:00 am lol

I guess I found the secret to anti-fogging, I don't go to work till 11:00 am lol

I should try that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHAHA same experience here. Although I'm from the Philippines but leaving for work at 4am is really cold and builds up fog in just a few seconds after wearing the helmet (with balaclava). It's really hard driving when I open the vent specially some does that come flying to your eyes. I tried wearing a riding sunglasses, does it not only look weird with a visor and sunglasses on but it's really uncomfortable when using one. Once you turn your head the sunglasses tends to misalign a lot that's why I really need a pinlock instead of opening the visor a little or using sunglasses. I also tried transitional pinlock but that doesn't work. It only get a bit dark but hardly noticeable rendering it useless spending double the price for a chromatic pinlock that doesnt turn dark when needed

Back
Top Bottom