Is all in pricing... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is all in pricing...

I don't think they do much. All their advertising for self promotion just costs money. All the dealers have to do is say that the car advertised is sold.
And it applies to dealers only, not manufacturers.
Its a legal bait and switch as exposed in the documentary.

What is their yearly budget? Any examples of their all in pricing "bite"? (Actual, not theory)
OMVIC regularly fines dealers for this. OMVIC does do regular audits though and come prepared with random past ads, gets the dealer to pull the file and compares selling price to advertised price. It's one of the main things they look for.

It would be impossible for OMVIC to get a conviction for exceeding the "all in" pricing if the vehicle in question hasn't been sold.

It is sitting on the lot. And they are now going to lease out the vehicle.

Sorry, it isn't available.

But it sure brought in a lot of customers to steer towards other vehicles. No one got ripped off.

I looked at OMVIC's convictions for 'all in" pricing. The decisions are like a form letter. The convictions are almost entirely for adding extra charges for PDI, warranty costs, or administration fees etc.. Cut and dry. This is good and OMVIC is doing their job in this respect.

the law has been around for a while now. Dealers have figured out how to bait and switch without breaking any laws.

Last edited:
OMVIC does indeed have a law for all in pricing IF you go with the advertised price.

Take note however that if you try to negotiate the price by even $1 from that listed/advertised price, they are no longer bound by that rule.

Found that out when I bought our Volt from a dealer in North Toronto. Negotiated $900 off the cars advertised price only to show up to close the deal and discover they'd put nearly ever dollar of it back on in "Mystery" fees listed under various BS things, some of which I didn't even want or agree too - "anti theft window etching" (pure garbage dealer profit crap), additional "paperwork processing" fees, a mystery "PDI" fee even though the car was being sold certified, etc etc.

I kicked up a fuss and had about $800 of it removed but they stuck me on the window etching crap since they'd already done the work.

Thought about filing a complaint, but the whole purchasing process was pretty dismal and I just wanted to be done with it all...wasn't worth it for $100 in the end.

In Ontario at least....if a dealer advertises a new product the price must be all in.....it is NATIONAL ads that do not require it. Check out ads for Ontario Toyota dealers and you'll see all in pricing and the dealer MUST be able to get you that model if they are advertising it. If the add is from Toyota Canada then the OMVIC rules do not apply. Stupid I know. But if you walk into a dealer with a printed ad from them and they don't have the car....ask them about OMVIC and they'll have the car quick. OMVIC is no joke to a dealer. They will F your Sh#t up!

Back
Top Bottom