Iom tt 2016 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Iom tt 2016

It's a 2 week long event. The Isle of Man is in the Irish Sea, between England and Ireland.
Take a ferry from Liverpool or Lancaster (England), or, Dublin or Belfast (Ireland).

Check Steam Packet. Book early. (now is probably too late for next year)

I have rented bikes from this company in the past - http://www.motorental.ie/ - and was very pleased with their service

They are about 10 miles from the airport and 10 miles from the boat. I'm not sure if they still have insurance for out of country (The IOM is in the UK) as its so dysfunctional now with the Eurozone but they are normally at the Toronto bike show so you could ask them directly.

The challenge with getting a bike there are the ferries. They tend to book up a year in advance. I would try to book something now, if you even still can. Even a walk on you will have to book now if its not too late.

If you don't have a bike its still fun.

In that case I would stay in Douglas and you can walk to the Paddock, Grandstand and start and finish. If you walk south its a short walk to the bottom of Bray Hill, Quarter Bridge and Braddan Bridge. Going north you can walk to up to Cronk-ny-Mona, Hillberry or Brandish. You can also take the little train to the top of the mountain and get off at The Bungalow and can walk north to the Verandah or south to Brandywell or Windy corner.

Since there are 4 actual days racing you could do do one part of the course each day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom