Invisibility Training for Motorcyclist | GTAMotorcycle.com

Invisibility Training for Motorcyclist

justride

Cars, Suvs, Pickups and Trucks turning left in front of you is probably the number one fear of riding on local roads. The Fallen Rider thread has more than enough examples.
But why do vehicles do this? Why don't they see us? Ryan from Fortnine explains why.

update* Kevin from MCrider (from the 3min mark struck a chord with me - the driver see you but doesn't know how far you are or your speed

Last edited:
This is a fascinating, well researched video. Definitely good stuff to be aware of no matter what you drive. However, he doesn't really offer a lot of solutions beyond hi vis and flailing your arms. The SMIDSY weave works amazingly well and covers nearly all of the problems.

Cool video. (He sounds like the Matrix guy). Bright yellow lights. As long as everyone doesn't have them, they are your best solution to conspicuity.

This is a fascinating, well researched video. Definitely good stuff to be aware of no matter what you drive. However, he doesn't really offer a lot of solutions beyond hi vis and flailing your arms. The SMIDSY weave works amazingly well and covers nearly all of the problems.

I use it all the time. People probably think I'm wasted or screwing around. Really, it's all about visibility when approaching hazardous situations.

I used to have a close call every two weeks using the eye-contact and bracing to dodge method. Saw this video around 10 years ago and haven't had one since. I've done it so late the car was already turning and he slammed the brakes. Their eyes snap right to you like magic.
It should be in the manual and taught at m2 courses but it's not.

Back
Top Bottom