Integrated tail for M2 Exit Exam | GTAMotorcycle.com

Integrated tail for M2 Exit Exam

https://www2.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/roadsafety/108_tsd_rev_5r.pdf

Legally turn signals must be not less than 15" apart and no more than 72" for a motorcycle. (very bottom of the document page 89). DriveTest states "vehicle must be fit, in proper working condition, plated and insured."

I'd guess it largely comes down to the examiner and if they want to give you a hard time. I can't imagine they are making people put the stock spray guards back on (required by the HTA technically) however an integrated turn signal is a bit more of an obvious modification. Might be worth sticking the chili peppers back on with a cheap Ebay tail tidy. Would suck to have to wait months and go through the drivetest hassle over such a small thing.

Bike never had them on it, it had some cheap ebay garbage tail light wired up with speaker wire and painters tape... I replaced it with a TST.. its an r3 you have a set? lol :p

A tailight MUST be present that illuminates when the brakes are applied, as for turn signals, IF the examiner brings it up, advise that you WILL be using hand signals, as permitted under the HTA.

Just make sure you, do the hand signals EVERY TIME. Otherwise, you could get dinged for a "failure to signal" infraction. Get enough and plan to rebook for another road test.

I have some Yamaha stock turn signals that came off of a fz6

You could borrow them if you want
I just want to keep them in case of a "just because I like to keep crap"

A tailight MUST be present that illuminates when the brakes are applied, as for turn signals, IF the examiner brings it up, advise that you WILL be using hand signals, as permitted under the HTA.

Just make sure you, do the hand signals EVERY TIME. Otherwise, you could get dinged for a "failure to signal" infraction. Get enough and plan to rebook for another road test.
Well for her I’d rather just make life easy and slap some signals on, it was hard enough for her to get a time slot, and she’s gotta ride 2 hours each way to the damn drive test centre which is ludicrous.. I’d rather just make things as easy as possible for her.. she’s already missing a few other things that I can’t blame anyone else for ?

I have some Yamaha stock turn signals that came off of a fz6

You could borrow them if you want
I just want to keep them in case of a "just because I like to keep crap"
That would be sweet! You’re a good guy, I still remember you offering me to borrow your trailer too. Too kind. I’d just want to check the connectors are the same, probably are but I don’t want to cut up your stuff or hers to solder signals in just for a road test.. Where are you located? I’m out of Toronto now but come back frequently.. and her exam isn’t until end of August

It kind of depends on the person doing the exam, and how easy the brake lights, and signals are to see.

That would be sweet! You’re a good guy, I still remember you offering me to borrow your trailer too. Too kind. I’d just want to check the connectors are the same, probably are but I don’t want to cut up your stuff or hers to solder signals in just for a road test.. Where are you located? I’m out of Toronto now but come back frequently.. and her exam isn’t until end of August

I'm in Milton but in Toronto often

I don't mind you changing the connector on mine if you have to. As long as there is enough cable left to bring it back to stock or rewire again

Chances are I won't use them again but my inability to part with **** wants them just in case

I have attached a picture of them

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_202501_compress41.jpg
    IMG_20200710_202501_compress41.jpg
    520.7 KB · Views: 16
What connectors are on hers ?
Are the standard Yamaha ?
I can solder these onto them if you need

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_203508_compress98.jpg
    IMG_20200710_203508_compress98.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 19
Trials bike signals! I can hook you up (y)
w/ tail light and bracket.

Also have this
It ain't pretty but for the purpose of testing should work
Home made minimalist tail tidy

Attachments

• IMG_20200710_205121_compress10.jpg
    IMG_20200710_205121_compress10.jpg
    487.8 KB · Views: 21
@mistersouthpaw are you still in search of these?
Hey sorry I have been busy with my brothers baby shower all weekend. I am still looking but the only thing is that I am in Kingston now. But I was thinking that I could actually use the oem tail piece off my ninja that I have with the signals mounted on it.. if I could just borrow those Yamaha connectors that you have and I’ll just put quick connects on them and use those signals. If you mail them to me I’ll cover your costs and throw in a beer store gift card or something when I mail them back to you for helping me out? That would be cool!

OK. sounds good.
Check your pms

Back
Top Bottom