Insuring a track bike for fire/theft | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insuring a track bike for fire/theft

49over

Site Supporter
Road bike has become track bike and my insurance company won't insure it for more than $2500 under content home insurance. I have a lot more than $2500 into it. Is there insurance companies that insure race bikes and who ? Not looking for liability or track insurance just fire/theft.

This one is really hard to get. Insurance companies know that if you crash it hard enough, you will just report it stolen and get the money. I am actually surprised they will give you $2500 under content insurance, most motorized vehicles are not covered at all under home insurance.

Good luck.
Had 3 insurance companies outright refuse just fire/theft.
Sure, they'll give it to me with liability though... doesn't matter it's a salvage title and can never be on the road again. Liability included or nothing.

And since it has a VIN, it will not be covered under house insurance under any circumstance.

Good luck.
Had 3 insurance companies outright refuse just fire/theft.
Sure, they'll give it to me with liability though... doesn't matter it's a salvage title and can never be on the road again. Liability included or nothing.

And since it has a VIN, it will not be covered under house insurance under any circumstance.

I should have clarified more..... When on my property it's under house insurance, when its on my trailer it's under trailer insurance. Both have $2500 content insurance. (TD).

i have fire and thief for my track bike which was my former street bike.

Essentially, it really is only good for if it was stolen from my garage, or driveway.

As for the fire, i know it will NOT be covered if say i was working on it and it caught on fire, but if my house caught fire, or the bike caught fire while running it would be.

I didn't tell insurance it was a track only bike, but rather my street bike that only has fire and theft

hope that helps

I should have clarified more..... When on my property it's under house insurance, when its on my trailer it's under trailer insurance. Both have $2500 content insurance. (TD).

I would double check on the house insurance covering it. I asked my agent (really good guy who actually does his job) to check a bunch of different companies if they would do it, and all said no. So I made calls myself. Same deal. If it has a VIN, forget it. House insurance won't cover it.

Nick -- your coverage is likely possible because you told them the bike is off the road and is unplated with no plans to put it back on the road again. They will cover it for fire/theft at that point.

My track bike has a salvage title and can never be put on the road. Since it is salvage, the insurance says no go. Maybe the title is why my applications have been bounced.

i have fire and thief for my track bike which was my former street bike.

Essentially, it really is only good for if it was stolen from my garage, or driveway.

As for the fire, i know it will NOT be covered if say i was working on it and it caught on fire, but if my house caught fire, or the bike caught fire while running it would be.

I didn't tell insurance it was a track only bike, but rather my street bike that only has fire and theft

hope that helps

TD offered coverage but I had to keep it plated and pay for road ins. $879/yr which isn't bad but $700 is liability ( which I don't need... And no track. Lol.
My road ins now has become track day fees.
Drag cars are super expensive I would assume there not going to trailer around without something covering there butt.

there are insurance companies that insure race cars. I'm sure they pay a pretty penny for it though

TD said that the contents of my trailer are NOT insured when I was policy shopping a couple weeks ago. I asked them about the MX bike, saying all I wanted was theft coverage on it and that it never gets ridden on anything but private property (tracks). They said no, can't insure it without liability and all.

It's BS. I have something that is worth roughly $10,000 for what I have in to it (new bike, custom suspension, race motor, aftermarket parts) and I can't insure it...

Bzzzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom