Insurance still not charged after two months? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance still not charged after two months?

MaksTO

So I got insured May 24 2019 with Echelon. Got my temp slip and paperwork etc.

Month goes by, still haven't had my first payment taken out. Broker sent me a new slip to print out that is valid until next year. He said that the company is behind on registering new applicants.

Now almost two months and still no money out and no slip mailed out. Has this happened to anyone else this year? It's not really a big deal since I have a valid insurance number etc, but seems kind of weird.

yup started my policy with echelon may 20th and just got charged last week.

yup started my policy with echelon may 20th and just got charged last week.
Good to know. Thanks! So hopefully it goes out in the next few days.

It's stressful having a bunch of cash in my chequing account that's not even mine anymore and just waiting for it to all disappear lol! Will feel much better when they take their money and things go to regular scheduled withdrawals.

Good to know. Thanks! So hopefully it goes out in the next few days.

It's stressful having a bunch of cash in my chequing account that's not even mine anymore and just waiting for it to all disappear lol! Will feel much better when they take their money and things go to regular scheduled withdrawals.
Yeah I agree, fell into the same situation having to contact my broker for an additional temp slip because my first expired. I was getting worried I wasn't even insured :LOL:

Last edited:
I switched to echelon in April and they took my first payment within 3 days of emailing me the slip. Having said that, when I called them to update my address last week they emailed me the new slip and warned me that I wouldn't see the updated policy in the mail until September or so because of a huge backlog of new policies from dumped Aviva riders, probably why you folks had such a delay.

So I got insured May 24 2019 with Echelon. Got my temp slip and paperwork etc.

Month goes by, still haven't had my first payment taken out. Broker sent me a new slip to print out that is valid until next year. He said that the company is behind on registering new applicants.

Now almost two months and still no money out and no slip mailed out. Has this happened to anyone else this year? It's not really a big deal since I have a valid insurance number etc, but seems kind of weird.
Which broker are you with? Seems Echelon is being dropped by some or they are not working together anymore.

Which broker are you with? Seems Echelon is being dropped by some or they are not working together anymore.
Dalton Timmis. Just got my paperwork in the mail so I am good. Waiting on cash to withdraw today as they said they would via the schedule they sent me.

Weird, they charged the double for May 24 (as promised), but then charged $20 over quote the other 10 months, and didnt charge me for April 24. Yet, my broker said it's not a first and last thing. Seems like they just distributed the last months payment into the other 10, not counting the first which was just a double payment - the reason which I don't remember.

Also, just looked outside at the torrential downpour. Riding home is going to be fun - !!!YIKES!!!.

Dalton Timmis. Just got my paperwork in the mail so I am good. Waiting on cash to withdraw today as they said they would via the schedule they sent me.

Weird, they charged the double for May 24 (as promised), but then charged $20 over quote the other 10 months, and didnt charge me for April 24. Yet, my broker said it's not a first and last thing. Seems like they just distributed the last months payment into the other 10, not counting the first which was just a double payment - the reason which I don't remember.

Also, just looked outside at the torrential downpour. Riding home is going to be fun - !!!YIKES!!!.
Yeah they did the same for me as well. As long as the yearly is the same it's fine with me. Ride safe!

Back
Top Bottom