Insurance situation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance situation

DOHC1

I currently have my Ninja 250r insured with Meloche Monnex (20 years old, m2 1 year old, clean record). Next year I am eligible for Statefarm. However, my "5 years" of G class license is complete in June 2013. My insurance for the Ninja expires in March 2013. My plan is to pick up a GSXR600 over this winter, and then sell the Ninja once insurance runs out. What do I do between March - June? These are the first few weeks of riding and I would hate to have 2 bikes sitting in my garage but neither insured. A conversation with a StateFarm agent today told me that they will not make an exception for the 2 months. Do I have any options for 2 month insurance? (On either bike)

i have no idea but out of curiosity how much are you lookin at paying for you gixxer . . . i'm 20, M 2 years, G of 5 years coming soon as well, clean record and reallly want to upgrade from the 250 but insurance is crazy D:

21 is a different bracket than 20, but still more expensive than 25+.

You can start the policy with TD/MM and cancel early, but they'll pro-rate it.

I tried TD with a CBR600 and they told me to beat it..by giving me 10000$+.....you`re looking at 3200-4000 most likely...good luck and better start saving up lol

Keyword: Statefarm

Thats who I'm with..trying to tell him under 25 state farm is the only place you'll get any kind of acceptable quite..even though you're still bending over at least it's not more than the bike per year lol

Not worth it to switch to 600 when your under 25 years old. I am 24, got my M2 license beginning of this year with clean 5+ year G record. I was quoted around 400 - 500 a month for the GSXR 600 next year, with Statefarm

Not worth it to switch to 600 when your under 25 years old. I am 24, got my M2 license beginning of this year with clean 5+ year G record. I was quoted around 400 - 500 a month for the GSXR 600 next year, with Statefarm

Call statefarm. They'll cut that number in half, at least.

"I was quoted around 400 - 500 a month for the GSXR 600 next year, with Statefarm"

I'm a tard. (Thanks Sushii)

What I meant to say was call a few other Statefarm brokers (yes, they're all supposed to quote the same yaddda yadda).

Otherwise, you're record isn't as clean as you thought....

My brother is 24, 06 R6, GM2, pays 124/mth in Scarborough, with Statefarm. No car, nothing else, just bike. Liab + Fire & Theft, no Collision. Clean record.

I guess I'll insure my 600 or 650 once I hit 21! Till then the little ninja will suffice. The drop from 20 to 21 yr/old is drastic

I was sort of in the same situation last winter - I had to wait for the first anniversary of M1/M2 for 5weeks or so to save $2000. It was the middle of winter, yet still very very painful. Afterwards tho, I did a 401 - 427 - Gardiner - DVP loop at 0 celsius at midnite when the insurance kicked in =)

So, there is no way I'd wait, especially from March to June. Look into how much you'd lose after cancelling Ninja insurance in June.

Back
Top Bottom