Insurance renewal is higher this year??? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance renewal is higher this year???

Been with TD now for years. They have been much better then past insurers. I was shocked to find My house cars didn't need to be bundled as that was a requirement of my previouse carrier who still kept hiking my rates and then told me they wouldn't cover the bikes at all.

Called up a bunch of companies. Most won’t insure me because I have under 5 years riding experience. TD got back to me with a $3500 quote as opposed to the $2275 or so I have to pay now.

Had a great Wawanesa broker quote me $100 less but said his company won’t insure without house and car as well. He said if I call another broker they should be able to get it for me though.

Anyone have a good Wawanesa broker that I should call? Saving $100 is better than nothing haha.

Called my current insurance (Desjardins) and they claim that a 2015 Triumph Scrambler is a very high risk bike. Which is very odd to me but ok… I guess it’s more popular therefor more accidents. Shame. What an awful province for insurance. Thought now that I’m 25 I can get it easier, but I guess that’s no longer the case :/

Called up a bunch of companies. Most won’t insure me because I have under 5 years riding experience. TD got back to me with a $3500 quote as opposed to the $2275 or so I have to pay now.

Had a great Wawanesa broker quote me $100 less but said his company won’t insure without house and car as well. He said if I call another broker they should be able to get it for me though.

Anyone have a good Wawanesa broker that I should call? Saving $100 is better than nothing haha.

Called my current insurance (Desjardins) and they claim that a 2015 Triumph Scrambler is a very high risk bike. Which is very odd to me but ok… I guess it’s more popular therefor more accidents. Shame. What an awful province for insurance. Thought now that I’m 25 I can get it easier, but I guess that’s no longer the case :/
Try Chris or Paul South from Surnet insurance brokers - they might deal with Wawsnesa.

I got my renewal with TD a few days ago. It's not bad but it could always be better.
Any recommendations for brokers or other contact. I really don't want to be calling the 1-800 number and navigate through the maze of automated messages and get my quote 3 weeks later.

Direct contacts are best.
I have just over a month to possibly find something better. If not I will stay with TD.
For the record 2020 DL1050. Full M. current rate is $1183 annual.

It seems Desjardins was the best with rates the last few years I shopped, but wondering if anyone has had good luck with other insurers lately? I would love to get this number down... not up...
Desjardins doesn’t like anything remotely sporty. Look for other companies. I like the Billyard Insurance Group. They don’t try to pull any fast stuff over on you.

There was a midterm change, so the pro-rated difference may not have (in total) been that dramatic.

I'd ask what the term premium was for your Scrambler last term (NOT cumulative premium). Compare that term premium to this year's renewal.

With TD, trick is adding home and car to maximize the savings.

In regards to you turning 25 - in Ontario at least - it's not a magic number that dramatically lowers your premium all of a sudden. Unfortunately takes time. Silver lining is it should continue trending downwards in price.

For reference, my SV650 was $250/month in my early 20s. In my late 30s, if I get it again, it'll cost $500/year. In Toronto for reference.

Back
Top Bottom