Insurance recommendations for new rider? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance recommendations for new rider?

just got a quote from desjardins for $1478!! It pays to shop around a bit! im still gonna look through a few more companies but im glad i scrolled through the forums looking for companies i should check out

I'm not sure if this is gonna be of any use to you now, I'm also shopping around and looks like Desjardins are quoting the cheapest. I called over a dozen already :) I'd say if you bought your bike already then go with them...$1500 seems reasonable considering your circumstances.

I'd love to hear which one you went with and if there are other cheaper ones you found? Cheers!

When you bundle everything (car, house, etc) with the same company, they give you additional discounts.

Unless your bike is on their s*** list or they will not/do not insure motorcycles period.
Believe it or not the ins. co. I have a house and three cages insured with will not insure my one bike.
So... I have everything except my bike insured with one co. and the bike all alone with another.
A minor inconvenience I'm willing to live with as overall my premiums are good.

Also the longer you're with them, some companies reward you with further discounts.

...and others, after being a client for 20 years jack your premiums by 50% for some BS reason like they took a bath in the stock market and need to recover their losses LoL

Unless your bike is on their s*** list or they will not/do not insure motorcycles period.
Believe it or not the ins. co. I have a house and three cages insured with will not insure my one bike.
So... I have everything except my bike insured with one co. and the bike all alone with another.
A minor inconvenience I'm willing to live with as overall my premiums are good.

You should get a quote from your bike insurer to see what they can do if you bring over everything else as well.

Before you head out to spin the motorcycle of your dreams, you generally make sure you have the necessary gear like helmets, goggles, protective clothing etc. What about insurance? It's essential for you and moreover, a discipline to get your vehicle insured before hitting the road. There is this auto insurance company that helps you to walk you through all legal hassles. I for one was always tired of going through these legal formalities, but with these, it was a cakewalk. I hope this helps.
What do you ride again?

Back
Top Bottom