Penguin oO

OK i calld over 60+brokers

Suzuki GS500F 2008
Clean Record
G-3years
M2-2 month
Age-21
RTI course

Every one qouted me for 3620$ with no fire/theft/collision for Javeco..... and some for 12,000+

kanetix quoted me 2650$..i was happy untill i talked to a broker in kanetix... he told me our prices wore from last year and they havent updated the new ones .... so he gaved me the same 3620$ which i think is massive...thats how much my bike is worth
He said companies Spiked the prices this May1 (thats 970$ difference)

Any sugestion like "suck it up and pay" or "keep calling"

I do have US greencard/home ...maybe i can just get american insurance in canada...nahhh thats good to be true

ITs cheaper to ride Dirty
Sorry about the grammar

Only Jevco changed their rates on May 1st this year. $3620 is a lot of money, but you are young newly licenced driver. Your rates with Jevco will drop by almost 50% once you have held your licence for 1 year. It's also not cheaper to ride "dirty" as the fine is almost $6000 for first offense riding with no insurance.

Wanna play? Gotta pay. It will get better after a year.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

OK i calld over 60+brokers

Suzuki GS500F 2008
Clean Record
G-3years
M2-2 month
Age-21
RTI course

Every one qouted me for 3620$ with no fire/theft/collision for Javeco..... and some for 12,000+

kanetix quoted me 2650$..i was happy untill i talked to a broker in kanetix... he told me our prices wore from last year and they havent updated the new ones .... so he gaved me the same 3620$ which i think is massive...thats how much my bike is worth
He said companies Spiked the prices this May1 (thats 970$ difference)

Any sugestion like "suck it up and pay" or "keep calling"

I do have US greencard/home ...maybe i can just get american insurance in canada...nahhh thats good to be true

ITs cheaper to ride Dirty
Sorry about the grammar

There is residency restrictions to look into (you must change your licence and plates to Ontario by a given time frame) but, if you are here for a temporary time frame and have established residency in the USA, that is something to explore. More than likely, the bike would have to be imported to the USA and registered/plated from your "home" state. Transfer your licence back to your "home" state etc.

Is it worth all the aggrevation, time, inconvenience, savings and then making sure you still comply with laws for driving an out of country vehicle while doing your thing here in Canada? Not sure. Maybe.

I would never spend that kind of money on a hobby as a 21yo when it could be better spent on tuition and food and that sort of thing. I suggest you simply wait until you have held your M1/M2 for one complete calendar year, and then your rate with Jevco will be SIGNIFICANTLY lower, even if you weren't insured over that year.

I would never spend that kind of money on a hobby as a 21yo when it could be better spent on tuition and food and that sort of thing. I suggest you simply wait until you have held your M1/M2 for one complete calendar year, and then your rate with Jevco will be SIGNIFICANTLY lower, even if you weren't insured over that year.

This!

I got my M2 in 2003, I called around and I was getting quoted what you were for a 1987 Honda VF 500 Interceptor.. rode for one month "dirty" and said it's not worth the risk and sold the bike.

Didn't get my next bike until 2008 because my M2 was expiring and voila.. $840/year for a 1997 Yamaha YZF-600R which was only liability.

Now in 2011, got my third bike, 2006 Honda VFR 800 and full coverage, 2mil liability with Jevco, paying $90/month!

Just wait it out man.. it's worth it.

dooode! $3,600 is just effin retarded!
Sell the bike, get a track bike for $2,000 and hit the track 10 times this season. You'll learn something and have a lot more fun.
Riding in Ontario is S_H_I_T anyway, you get to ride for 4 months on all straight roads, plus it effin rains every other day. So yah, pure f#ckery!

o_O

Thanks guys for advice .. i calld Javeco told them i am 22 and had m2 for a year , they qoted me 1822$ i was like WHAT! (thats 1798$ saved 49.6%off)
Now.. what to do with my lovly bike... i still havent registered under my name... i cant let the bike stay for full year, ill get in a depression every time i look in my garage.

Hit the track 10 times = $3000+? Is that about right? I've never gone but I hear $200-300 easily for a day at the track.

You can find someone you know willing to "rent" the bike for a year if they're starting out too (if you don't mind) and it's their first bike but have lower insurance than you (someone older perhaps). someone you know of course...lol and just make a deal and say $500 or something. you can even go visit the bike and help maintain it and all too. Maybe spin it around his street/parking lot.

Thanks guys for advice .. i calld Javeco told them i am 22 and had m2 for a year , they qoted me 1822$ i was like WHAT! (thats 1798$ saved 49.6%off)
Now.. what to do with my lovly bike... i still havent registered under my name... i cant let the bike stay for full year, ill get in a depression every time i look in my garage.

Wow... that's a lot.. I am with my M2 second year, for a SV650 new policy it is $1816 with jevco lol with one speeding ticket 21y/o too

Hit the track 10 times = $3000+? Is that about right? I've never gone but I hear $200-300 easily for a day at the track.

You can find someone you know willing to "rent" the bike for a year if they're starting out too (if you don't mind) and it's their first bike but have lower insurance than you (someone older perhaps). someone you know of course...lol and just make a deal and say $500 or something. you can even go visit the bike and help maintain it and all too. Maybe spin it around his street/parking lot.

Not exactly, what I meant was, instead of spending $3,600 on insurance, buy a track bike for $2,000, which leaves you with $1,600. Use the $1,600 for some track fun. On average it's about $150 (admission, gas, and all the other bullsh_it).

Back
Top Bottom