Insurance question about supersport and cruisers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance question about supersport and cruisers

jackiejai

I was wondering what the price differences would be to insure both a super sport and a cruiser bike?

eg R6 vs Honda Shadow 600

I use to ride an R6 when I was 22 and I was paying $4300 a year with state farm. Brutal but I really wanted to ride! With that price I only rode for 1 year... I'm 24 now and wondering if i decided to get a cruiser with the same cc (600)... would it be around the same price per year?

btw I will call state farm tomorrow to get a quote but just wondering if I could get a quick answer now :)

Should be approximately the same with state farm since they only look at displacement. With other companies the cruiser should be less.

If you decide to go for another SS, just wait another year until you turn 25 and go with SF. I'm 25 and paying 1800/year for full coverage with fire and theft.
A cruiser will be a lot cheaper than an SS at your age but the last company you should get a quote from is SF. Companies like Rider's Plus, Jevco, etc... have great rates on cruisers. Best thing to do is to actually pick up the phone and get quotes from several companies and weigh out your options from there.

Good Luck.

The big discount with State Farm is having your G for 5 years.
I pay $850/year for full coverage with State Farm with an 01 CBR600 F4i

You have to have your G license for 5 years and a minimum of your M1 to even be eligible for a State Farm policy. The big savings is if you're over age 25 and/or you have your car insured there too.

You have to have your G license for 5 years and a minimum of your M1 to even be eligible for a State Farm policy. The big savings is if you're over age 25 and/or you have your car insured there too.

Ya thats sounds right, My bad I forgot about the $50/month discount for bringing your car their too.

Back
Top Bottom