Insurance provider for cbr650r | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance provider for cbr650r

MadCwood

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any insight on this. I'm 37, have my M2 license. Currently on a cbr500r. Love the bike but find it's a little lacking on the highway and if I take my wife anywhere.

Ideally the cbr650r is the next step but from what I gather they're restricted? Riders plus told me they won't insure the bike no matter what experience you have. The will however insure the cb650r (it's the same bike with no plastic...)

Anyone know of a company that will insure this bike? I'm ok with paying more. I just don't want to move to a different bike that I won't enjoy.

I would be surprised to hear that the CBR650R was a surcharged model anywhere else. If it is then Honda boned you by changing the F to an R

CBRxxxR is fully faired bike
CBxxxR is naked variant

try a few insurers, it shouldn’t be restricted from most companies. Nice bike.

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has any insight on this. I'm 37, have my M2 license. Currently on a cbr500r. Love the bike but find it's a little lacking on the highway and if I take my wife anywhere.
BMW makes a bike for you and your wife that won't be outrageous to insure.

When you said riding 2-up I think BMW for the lady, normally that means a model that begins with RT, if you are buying new your options are limited to big displacement only but if you are considering used there are a lot more options.
Insurance on a 1000cc BMW is about 2 or 3 hundred cheaper then a 675 sportbike which is useless for a passenger. The BMW rides nice and safe 2-up as any other motorcycle made.

Look into a cbr650F. practically the same bike but cheaper to insure. I went from a 500 to a 650f in my second year. I’m paying less on the 650f than I did on the 500r. With desjardin 29y/o male.

The CBR650R is definitely marketed towards the 600 Supersport crowd now that the CBR600RR is discontinued. Heck, Honda's own press notes had moto 'journalists' parroting it as the successor. Its the only in production full faired inline 4 sub 900cc.

The only faired M2 license friendly bikes will be the road going adventure bikes in the <999cc range. KTM 890 Adventure S, Kawasaki Versys 650, Suzuki V-Strom 650, BMW F750GS, Triumph Tiger 850, and similiar. There's also the Ninja 650 if you want fairings, but its nowhere close to the performance specs of the Honda 650 engine (100HP vs 65HP). Everything else is restricted for the most part.

Other than that, nakeds are still slipping under the insurance radar for the time being and you will not have any problem travelling highway speeds on a naked bike while wearing gear. If you do find a problem, put a screen on it.

Back
Top Bottom