Insurance not possible? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance not possible?

ASG90

Hello Everyone!

I’m new to this forum and to motorcycle riding, this is going to be my first season but I can’t seem to get a quote because of my driving record.

Background: 29 M, M2( M1 aug 2019, have done the mtohp course), G( Got G1 2008).
Past 3 years I’ve got 2 speeding tickets and one failure to change lane.

So I’ve called Intact, Jevco, TD, Riders Plus. Everyone says they can’t give me insurance cuz of the new rider coupled with bad record situation.

Any tips/suggestion on how to move forward? Any other complanies that provide high risk insurance?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Brokers are required to give you a facility quote. That's why it exists. All brokers will give you the same facility quote (assuming they accurately ran your profile). They probably don't want to waste their time as most people see the number and run away. Like taxi drivers refusing short fares, not allowed but done all the time. Invoking the name of the regulator can get some action as they don't want to be publicly slapped.

What bike are you trying to insure?

Last edited:
Imagine the highest number you'd be willing to pay for the insurance and add 20%.....cause that's what it will cost.

What bike are you trying to insure?

Biggest and most important question right here.

Insurance in your situation (young, no experience, and 3 tickets) is going to be brutal at best. If you're trying to insure a supersport or something, you're probably going to be into $750-$1000/month territory through facility....well beyond brutal.

Biggest and most important question right here.

Insurance in your situation (young, no experience, and 3 tickets) is going to be brutal at best. If you're trying to insure a supersport or something, you're probably going to be into $750-$1000/month territory through facility....well beyond brutal.
No nothing like that, 2018 v-star 250 or tu 250. If I’m lucky enough to get a good deal on sv650 maybe that, but thats probably a pipe dream:p

"failure to change lane" :unsure: I don't even know what that is unless you failed to clear the way for an emergency vehicle.
Forget about the 650 anything at this point, that is a lot of bike and considering your situation a pipe dream but TU250 sounds like a very reasonable bike to insure, or the system is completely @#$%ed, I hope they comply with your request and if you presently have a household and or car policy with an insurance company I should think they would. If you don't currently hold insurance on a house or other property, now might be a good time to seek out a broker for at least a tenant insurance policy that you can bundle with a nice little motorcycle, then break that habit of speeding for the next decade and you should be good to go.
Final option is a dirt only or race bike and for that you will still need a way to transport it, so not likely a viable option.

like others have mentioned, Facility Association will write you a policy
a pool mandated by the ONGov that was created with the Compulsory Auto Insurance Act
any broker can sell you the policy

it is going to be ridiculously expensive, no way around that
up to you if the price is worth it

or just drive your car carefully and try not to get any more tickets
once they drop off your record you may be able to get more affordable pricing

as for brokers that are good to deal with, I like Mitchell & Whale
great service and communications, but the price will be nasty

Last edited:
Good choice on the ride, but sadly, with the tickets on your record and the age/inexperience thing working against you, it's still not going to be cheap.

Call around to different brokers and if they say "sorry, we can't offer you anything" or lines like "we don't have market for you", specifically ask for a quote though facility. They have to provide you one at that point. They are SUPPOSED to provide it to you anyways, but as some touched on above, people that require facility tend to be extremely high risk to the point where normal underwriters won't touch them - this means that the quite through facility is often shocking to the potential customer. And of course, some of these people will flip out and rush to Google to post a 1 star review....because of course, it's someone else's fault that their actions resulted in what they considered to be an "insane" quote.

Ok so 1) try to get a quote through facility, I don’t have my own place, so 2) try to couple it with tenant insurance, if nothing works out 3) get a dirt/track bike.

You guys have been really helpful! Thanks lot. I’ll call some more people on Monday and see what happens. Keep you guys posted.

Hello Everyone!

I’m new to this forum and to motorcycle riding, this is going to be my first season but I can’t seem to get a quote because of my driving record.

Background: 29 M, M2( M1 aug 2019, have done the mtohp course), G( Got G1 2008).
Past 3 years I’ve got 2 speeding tickets and one failure to change lane.

So I’ve called Intact, Jevco, TD, Riders Plus. Everyone says they can’t give me insurance cuz of the new rider coupled with bad record situation.

Any tips/suggestion on how to move forward? Any other complanies that provide high risk insurance?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I was in your shoes 3 years ago except it was way worse. I had my license suspended for stunt driving. Went to court won the case, dropped stunt charges and gave me a speeding under 49km/h. Had 2 speeding tickets prior to this happening. Called around for a quote. Facility quoted me $6000 / year. I was 31 back then.

Today I started calling again for quotes as the riding season is starting surprisingly, I got quoted $4100 a year for a 2018 kawasaki ninja zx6r abs. Which works out to be roughly around $350/ month. Full coverage 1mil liability. I'm picking up my bike in 2 days after this long wait.

Just wait it out until your speeding tickets drop and try again.

I was in your shoes 3 years ago except it was way worse. I had my license suspended for stunt driving. Went to court won the case, dropped stunt charges and gave me a speeding under 49km/h. Had 2 speeding tickets prior to this happening. Called around for a quote. Facility quoted me $6000 / year. I was 31 back then.

Today I started calling again for quotes as the riding season is starting surprisingly, I got quoted $4100 a year for a 2018 kawasaki ninja zx6r abs. Which works out to be roughly around $350/ month. Full coverage 1mil liability. I'm picking up my bike in 2 days after this long wait.

Just wait it out until your speeding tickets drop and try again.
Ouch that’s brutal I have the same bike and I’m paying under 1600

I hope you are riding that bike every single day to make a premium like that worthwhile.

I hope you are riding that bike every single day to make a premium like that worthwhile.
People are crazy. Then again life is short. :unsure:

Ouch that’s brutal I have the same bike and I’m paying under 1600
Not so bad. Finalized and got my insurance papers today. Monthly payment is $333/month. Just a matter of time. To get insured for the first bike. Gain some experience.Your premiums will go down the next time you are shopping around.

Extremely excited to go pick up my bike tomorrow.

Just be safe out there .
You don’t want the first time to be your last time.

Back
Top Bottom