Insurance non-renewed | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance non-renewed

nitis

Searching the posts, it seems I have also fallen victim to Aviva's policy changes. My broker Dalton and Timmis sent me a non renewal letter. After following up, they said they have no market for me as I have less the 6 years driving experience.

I’ve contacted riders plus, RBC, TD, Desjardins and Echelon…. No one will insure me.. that is with the exception of Facility who quoted me just over $4,00 per year. My current policy about to expire was $1,000/ year.

I drive a 2014 R6 so I am getting it, companies are not liking the ss classification for Ontario...

Received my M2 Oct 2013 and have been insured since July of 2014…. I have my full M as of 2017.

Aside from a bike theft in 2014, which does not seem to have much of an impact on my policy, I have zero claims on the bike.
On the car side of things, I have one minor speeding ticket in 2017 and one fault accident ~9 years ago (no claims paid out).

This absolutely sucks. If anyone has a solution for me I would be happy to hear it. It would be a shame to have to park the bike…. Do I keep the bike, sell it? Is there even a market for it anymore?

Last edited:
come to the track, no insurance and no speed limits :)

Actually that's not a bad idea, buy a little 250 or something just to keep your insurance history on the improve and track the track bike.

There is a recent thread where a "new" rider gets insurance quotes from TD and one of the bikes is a 675 Daytona R for $1200 per year. Thats basically an SS. What did TD say exactly?

There is a recent thread where a "new" rider gets insurance quotes from TD and one of the bikes is a 675 Daytona R for $1200 per year. Thats basically an SS. What did TD say exactly?
TD requires an Ontario Insurance application form to be mailed in. Still waiting for a response. They say it can take up to 4 weeks for an update. Based on my experience so far, I'm not too optimistic.. Looks like the 675 Daytona R is a sport bike rather than supersport. This may be why it was insured...

Methinks the price for used SS bikes might be falling - the primary market for these bikes is young riders, if they can't get insured there will be no market for the bikes.

TD requires an Ontario Insurance application form to be mailed in. Still waiting for a response. They say it can take up to 4 weeks for an update. Based on my experience so far, I'm not too optimistic.. Looks like the 675 Daytona R is a sport bike rather than supersport. This may be why it was insured...
I believe TD insures everyone. You may not like the rate if you're under 30 with an m2, and a SS.

agentmo.com he was able to insure me on a 675R while every other company wanted 6 years license...such a bullsh*t system here. no wonder more than 50% of SS riders dont have insurance. cant blame them you gotta ride one way or another
are you joking? last i checked other bikes exist.

plug in the 'entitlement' posts from the helmet/gas station thread.

:rolleyes:

lol not that i support riding with no insurance but some people just are stuck wanting to ride only SS bikes.
and?

It's fine to want something you can't have, it's normal.

Want the mansion? Earn it.
Want the 911 Turbo S? Earn it.
Want the Super Sport? Earn it.

What you didn't mention is that everyone who wants to ride a super sport, regardless of age CAN get insurance for it. They just won't be happy with the rates, tough cookies. Earn it.

agentmo.com he was able to insure me on a 675R while every other company wanted 6 years license...such a bullsh*t system here. no wonder more than 50% of SS riders dont have insurance. cant blame them you gotta ride one way or another
The vast majority of dickheads I see out on the street stunting are doing it on SS bikes.
If I were underwriting insurance for a major insurer I wouldnt want to insure anyone under age 30 on an SS either.

Back
Top Bottom