Insurance for a UK rider now living in Canada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for a UK rider now living in Canada

rureddy

Met this guy on the weekend who has a 1990 GSXR 1100. He was quoted over $2000 no liability. I have the same bike and pay $619.
He has been in Canada less than a year and is this the reason for really high quotes. His car insurance was high too.

LMK what can be done.

Thanks

Met this guy on the weekend who has a 1990 GSXR 1100. He was quoted over $2000 no liability. I have the same bike and pay $619.
He has been in Canada less than a year and is this the reason for really high quotes. His car insurance was high too.

LMK what can be done.

Thanks

You need to provide more details for a comparison.

in his 40's, clean record. Not sure what else you need. Just wondering if this is the norm for foreigners when they come to Canada. I told him that my ques was after 1 year of being lisenced and insured here his rates should drop a lot.

Like I mentioned, he has a clean record, no accidents or tickets. He lives in Tottenham

Probably picked the wrong insurer. 1990 shouldn't be blacklisted any more. Has he tried Jevco?

Let's hope for his sake that he listens :cool:

Contact a different broker. Does he or can he obtain a letter of his driving experience from his insurance carrier from the UK?

Sounds like they started him out with 1 year or less of driving experience because they wouldn't take his word on previous driving record etc.

This is purely a guess but, does happen often enough as a starting point.

PS. Depending on the broker/insurer, they can get the out of country experience information. A lot of what ifs but, it's possible.

Back
Top Bottom